Friday, June 24, 2011

Day 123/365: Free.

Today you're getting a somewhat random post.

First, I'd like to show you a drawing I did in 2008. It's a tattoo design.

I was in the throes of a Def Leppard obsession at the time. Still, "love bites" is one of those phrases like Duran Duran's "Sing Blue Silver" that has more meaning for me than just being a lyric by one of my favorite bands.

Well, today, I decided to redo this, how I would do it now, and this is the result.

I am going to color it more, but I wanted to scan it before I set about throwing all sorts of trippy colors about.

I have to confess something; Sometimes I act like I don't give a shit, but I have really crappy self esteem when it comes down to it. There are times that I think I'm not good at anything, everything I've ever made is complete shit, and that I never seem to improve.

I wanted to have a go at redoing an old drawing just to see if I'd improved. I think I have.
I even have trouble saying that... as if people will think I'm some egotistical buffoon if I say I think I have improved.

It's one of my weirder personality quirks. Like my terrible typing habit where I mean to type a word, say "computer" and it comes out "comterpu"... with all the right letters there, just in the wrong order.

But enough about that. I would like to post another picture of one of my brother's friends. What I liked about her was that she was just so quirky and odd.

Hence why she's got a pair of jeans on her head, cartoon poo/toilet paper on her lanyard, and a quote from Star Wars tattooed on her chest.

Also, she told a story about how the clerk at the place she bought those glasses said "Those aren't for you honey" but I think they suit her really well. As does the perm.

Anyway. I know today's assortment is a bit odd and you're probably wondering what it has to do with today's theme... but just trust me on this one.

Tomorrow's theme is "From the sea" and it might warrant some Ponyo fanart. 

Okay. I meant "more Ponyo fanart"

Anyhoo, I'm going to look for something to eat. Then I'll post my food blog, and then I might try to start putting my room back together. We had to box up a bunch of stuff and move shit around so our landlord could put in a new window each in my room and my brother's room.

No comments:

Post a Comment