Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 1/365. Theme: Abandoned.

Hello, and welcome to day one of my illustrious post a day project.
LOL! Illustrious! More like, I'm unemployed and have art block. PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN

Ahem. Anyway. I have the first day's drawing done already, plus a bonus piece.
And it's not even ten am. I'M SO ON TOP OF THINGS.
Actually, I did this shit lastnight to give me a head start. I figured today could be used to brainstorm ideas for other themes on the list. The list I'm using can be seen here: 365 Drawing Themes by flutterbuddie on deviantart
Because... I am not a bottomless pit of artistic ideas. If I do extra work on my artsy fartsy days, I can cover for those days where I'm maybe not feeling so creative. So I can keep up with this post a day thing. I mean. My other post a day thing has been going for 42 days now, so I have high hopes for this.

Not that anybody's going to read it. Which I'm used to by now. Lol.
ANYWAY. The art. The first is an introductory drawing I actually did the day before yesterday, while I was still planning all this stuff out.
I know. It's kind of sloppy and elementary; work with me here.

I doodled the basic design for the numbers in a small notebook I have.. while in the car on the way home from a chinese restaurant. Despite all the tiny crap inside the numbers, it took me the longest to outline the numbers. My sharpie pen is dying, and I don't have any money for another one, also, my hands are not very steady at all. So outlines that involve lots of huge, smooth lines are a pain in the ass.
Also, in the future, I should use my fineline sharpies to color in tiny spaces, instead of my huge thick crayola markers. Some of which I have literally had since I was in high school. I am 24 years old. This is troubling. Lol

Anyway. Now we move onto day 1. The first theme in the list was "Abandoned", and seeing as I plan to go in order (i.e. not skip around and pick whatever theme I want first), I figured I should start with that.

It's a random doodle that popped into my head. Ever since my obsession with Keith Moon a couple years ago, crescent moons have regularly popped up in my artwork. Also, lately, I've been drawing lots of mermaids for some reason. At first, my idea was to have some weird mermaid chick in raggy clothes looking like she was abandoned, but then I found that neat quote, and decided it fit. If you can't read my loopy handwriting, the quote says "Fantasy, abandoned by reason, produces impossible monsters; united with it, she is the mother of the arts and the origin of marvels". -Goya
I would have double outlined the moon, but like I said, my hands are impossibly unsteady, and my sharpie pen is dying. So I left it as is.

So, there you have it. Day 1. Today. I know I cheated a bit and drew that last night, but as I have said before, it's my party, and I'll cry if I want to. I don't know if I'll cheat and start working on Day 2's theme today, but I will certainly be brainstorming.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I have exercising to do while the house is still empty, as well as dishes to finish doing, and a bathroom to clean.



No comments:

Post a Comment