Saturday, February 26, 2011

Day 6/365: Alive.

Howdie howdie howdie, and welcome to day 6 of my art project. Today's theme is "alive", and seeing as I am not feeling particularly eloquent with words today, let's get right to the art.
Lyric stolen from the song "I'm Alive" by Jackson Browne; today's piece was an experiment in more than one aspect.

For instance, I've never drawn a robot lady before. Also, after reading a coloring tutorial on deviant art (which you can see here) , I decided to try my hand at reflected light. I.e., what sort of colors the robot would reflect from the moon. Obviously, I'm kind of a noob at it, but I like how it came out. I am going to experiment more with shiny and reflection sort of shit, because shading is an area I've always kind of been lacking in.
Also, I am not neat at all when it comes to working with pastel crayons. I like getting my hands all messy, and just totally smudging the shit out of everything, but I did try to contain myself on the tree. I didn't spend much time on the tree because frankly I didn't want people to focus on it too hard. Which I suppose they will after I say that. Lol. I don't care.
If you're wondering, the reflected light on the robot lady was colored pencil. My pastel crayons are huge and thick. Not good for exacting work. Lol.

Tomorrow's theme is "All the Small Things". I may or may not go the Blink 182 route with it. Maybe I'll draw bugs. Or something else tiny. Or maybe I'll take a picture of a cute, tiny toy teacup I have. I haven't decided yet.

Speaking of tomorrow, the Oscars are on tomorrow.  I'm hoping that The King's Speech wins something, and whatever else I picked on my Oscar ballot. Lol. Not that it matters. But I'm usually a really  big loser when it comes to Oscar picks. I can't decide whether to pick what I want to win, or who I think will actually win. I tried to go with the latter this year. Lol.

Well, I'm off to seriously contemplate making another cup of one of my favorite teas (Constant comment), and do other internety things. Also, to brainstorm ideas for tomorrow's picture. Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment