Friday, February 25, 2011

Day 5/365: Air

Hello, ladies and germs. It's day 5 of my little art project, and I think things are going fairly well. Today, I can actually show you something I've done that I really like.
Since I'm really not in the mood for a bunch of jibber jabbering mumbo jumbo, let's get right to the art.

For the love of all that is holy, please lighten up your screen settings a bit. Also, the quality may be lacking, because this was way too big for my scanner, so I had to take a picture of it with my digital camera.

The lyrics are from "Blue Blue Sky", a song on the album "On Air" by Alan Parsons. 
I drew the inspiration for the sparrow from googling a bunch of pictures of sugar skulls and sugar skull tattoos.  It was actually a lot of fun, and I might actually do more in that sort of sugar skull style. It's right up my alley.
I might actually submit today's picture to my deviantart, I like it so much. I don't use pastel crayons very much, but I do like working with them. They're a nice change from my exacting sharpie outline stuff. I like that I can just scribble with a bunch of different colors of pastel and just get my hands all dirty by smearing everything together. It's great fun. Not very neat, but fun.

Anyway, I really don't have much else to say at the moment. Tomorrow's theme is "alive", and I am going to be very tempted to do something that involves lyrics from "I'm Alive", the song or album, by Jackson Browne. Who I share an October 9th birthday with. :3
Anyway, I'm off to do internety things until I decide to get off my butt and get the laundry out of the drier so I can fold it and put it away. LOL.


No comments:

Post a Comment