Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 3/365: Adore

Hello hello hello, and welcome to day 3 of my art project. If you don't know what's going on, I'm using this list to go off of.

I'm trying not to rush this entry, because my show, Off the Map, is on in just seven minutes. I could hurry up and submit this before hand, but I don't really want to rush it. My problem with some of the entries on my food blog (my wordpress one) is that I put off writing the entry, then it'll be 11, then I'll want to hurry up and get it done so I don't have to worry about it. Then I just end up rushing it, and not really caring how it sounds.

But I mean... I don't know how exciting a food journaling blog is going to be anyway. My life isn't that exciting. Which is one of the reasons I didn't write in my blog every day, before I started the food journaling.
Anyway. I watched Ponyo again today, and I have to say, I fall in love with that movie every time I watch it. It's just so damn adorable. I wish it were three hours long. I want there to be more of it. Lol. I'm sure I could find fanfiction for it online somewhere, but I don't trust a lot of fanfiction writers. Lest they create a boring, predictable, badly written mary sue, or they make two VERY straight characters suddenly turn gay. I hate that.
Now, I love gay people, I'm a big supporter of gay rights, but I get annoyed with stupid yaoi fangirls making all their favorite guy characters gay, just so they can live out their homo-erotic fantasies.

I know fanfiction, and fanart, are just way to live out your fantasies, and continue an obsession, but sometimes I think some fantasies should stay intangible fantasies, that you call on when you can't sleep, or when you're bored and daydreaming.
I have lots of good, entertaining daydreams that would make really shitty fanfics, so I don't write them down. But that's just me. You may be different.

Anyway, I can see I've gotten sorely off topic, so let's get back to it. Today's theme was "Adore". Before I went off on a tangent, I was discussing Ponyo, which is what I was watching while I came up with today's drawing.

The scanner absolutely murdered this. Also, I used a black fineline sharpie marker. Not pen. So it bleeds all over and produces these disgusting thick lines that I absolutely cannot work with. I need to find that fucking sharpie pen.

I have to say. I like this more than I like my previous pieces, but again, it's nowhere near my best work. I hope all my daily drawings aren't going to turn out like this. I want to make something awesome that I'm super proud of.
Tomorrow's theme is "aged", and instead of waiting until midday tomorrow to work on it, I'm going to start working on that shit as soon as I'm awake enough to do so. I'm actually going to start brainstorming and sketching tonight. The problem with doing daily art is, most of the pictures I do take hours upon hours to do, and I do them a bit at a time, over the course of a few days. I don't want to upload a drawing every day and keep saying "It's nowhere near my best, I don't like it that much". Also, I don't want people to see these drawings and think that I'm a shitty artist and that all my art looks like this. I want to take this opportunity to show you a different Ponyo related drawing I did. Ponyo's mom.
Now, again, that isn't necessarily my best work either, but that is the sort of thing I can do when I spend lots and lots of time working on a piece, as opposed to just an hour or two.

This. This is one of my best pieces. This is what I can do with hours and hours.

Obviously, my day to day drawings are not going to turn out like that, but I hope to at least churn out a few things like that. Also, as long as we're posting pictures using lyrics from songs by The Zombies, I may as well post this gem.

This is another one of my best pieces.

Just so you don't think all my art is shit. Maybe I'm being too critical of myself. It's only day three of this project. I'm sure I'll get better as I go along.
Anyway, this entry is already way way longer than I wanted it to be, so I'm going to cut you off.

PS: You need to watch Off the Map. It is the best fucking show I've seen in years. Anyway. Stay tuned for tomorrow's drawing, the theme of which will be "aged".




No comments:

Post a Comment