Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 4/365: Aged

Today, I broke the rules. Actually. There are no rules. I said I was going to do a drawing every day, but mentioned I might supplement the list with photographs. Today, I didn't use a photograph, but a collage I made.
Today's theme was "Aged", and I decided to make a small collage of Paul McCartney pictures, out of the blue.

I have to tell you, if you have your screen set to a dark setting, unless you change it to a lighter setting, this will look a little dark. I edited it on our other computer, with the LCD screen, so naturally everything shows up super light on that one.

I used Paint Shop Pro 8, which I am slowly forgetting how to use, because I don't have it on this computer anymore. I use GIMP on this one.
I have to say, GIMP is a really good free program, but these types of collages are exceedingly difficult, what with the layer boundaries and crap. So, I don't really mess with trying to make collages in GIMP. I save that for the other computer.

Now, I hate having to say this, but that collage is not the best one I've ever made.

This is probably the best one I've ever made.


This is another good one. I took the picture in the background.

I admit. Today was a really uninspired day as far as art. I watched Howl's Moving Castle today (which I checked out from the library), and I fell in love with it again. Hayao Miyazaki is a god.
I just... wasn't feeling it today artwise.
Tomorrow's theme is "Air", and that idea might actually lend itself better to photography, or another collage. Or you may get another drawing. I'm not really sure yet.

I guess what I'm saying is that, you can expect a new piece of art every single day, but it might not be a drawing. My drawing ability is nowhere near the level that I have in my head, so I can't always physically do my ideas justice. 

So, be it a photo, a collage, or a drawing, you will see something "Air" related tomorrow. Look forward to it.
The people who read this blog. Which is nobody. But, whatever. 




No comments:

Post a Comment