Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 2/365: Adolescence.

Hello, and welcome to day 2 of my art project. If you're just tuning in, I decided to do a drawing every day for a year. Which may be a challenge, because I'm not always feeling artsy fartsy. Having a list will help, at least a little bit. I'm using this list, this list right here.

Today's theme was Adolescence. I'm not going to lie, I debated for hours over what I was going to draw. In the end, I decided on something reminiscent of drawings I used to do in 8th grade, through my sophomore year of high school.


I stole the lyric from a Cat Stevens song, which I've been playing repeatedly over the last week.

Now, I'm not really sure I like this, persay. It's nowhere near my best work, and it seems childish, and infantile. I know the theme was adolescence, but... I like it, and I don't. For one, I feel like this concept could be done a lot better. It would help if I could find my sharpie pen. I had to use an actual sharpie permanent marker, and my only problem with the black sharpie markers is they bleed and as a result cannot manage the thinner lines that the sharpie pens can. Also, I tried using a black gel pen for some of the girl's outline, and the stupid pen does not write in an even, dark line as I'd hoped.
No matter. I feel like this piece represents adolescence. I kind of interpreted adolescence more as immaturity, but for me... it works. There's a reason that people still mistake me for a teenager even though I'm 24. Yes. I'm 24. Let that sink in for a minute.

Anyway. Today was not one of my very artsy fartsy days, which you are going to get from time to time. I'm going to be doing one drawing every day. They're not all going to be intricate and amazing.

Well, I'm off to write today's wordpress.com blog entry, and contemplate tomorrow's theme, which is "Adore". Au revoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment