Thursday, September 8, 2011

Day 199/365: Love.

Today, I'm going a little bit of an odd route with today's picture. If you're not familiar with the Vilisca axe murder house, here's a little excerpt from their surprisingly well made website:

"Almost 97 years ago, long before serial killers and mass murders had become a way of life, two adults and 6 children were found brutally murdered in their beds in the small mid-western town of Villisca, Iowa. During the weeks that followed, life in this small town changed drastically."


That was where I took this picture. It was taken in one of the children's bedrooms. The tour guide was still in the study/living room going on about that, but I broke away from the group and stood in this room. I got a cold chill all over and started staring at the closet doorway.
The tour guide later told us that two of the children had hidden in that closet.



I chose this picture for today's theme because every child has that favorite toy that they love to bits. The axe murders took place in 1912. A lot of us today are used to having a lot of things and had a lot of toys, but back in those days, a kid might not have very many toys at all, so I think they loved their toys more.


We went to the axe murder house back in early August and the reason I haven't posted any pictures yet is because even the pictures on the computer kind of freak me out.


Anyway. Tomorrow's theme is "lucky".





No comments:

Post a Comment