Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 163/365: "Home is where the heart is".

Today I'd like to give you a bunch of old pictures of me and see if you notice anything. I don't think it's very evident in the collection of pictures I picked out today, but I've lost weight. This morning I put on my favorite shirt that I wore just last September to the Renaissance Festival, and it's so big that I could fit another person in it with me.
I've also noticed my double chin has shrunk. I've only lost maybe 15 pounds. I can only really tell in my face and the fact that I'm wearing size 20 jeans and I'm slowly beginning to be able to wear shirts I haven't worn for a few years.
I'm obviously losing in my ass and stomach, but it's just less evident there because there's more excess weight to lose. Whereas I don't have as much to lose from my neck and face.

My next goal is hitting size 18. I believe that's the size I was when I wore my senior prom dress. The dress doesn't have a number size inside it, but I think 18 was the jeans size I was in. I hope so, because my first big goal is to wear my senior prom dress for Halloween.

Anyway, enough about that. I'm posting pictures of me beginning in 2007 and ending in May of this year. They probably aren't in perfect order by month, but they are in order by year. Like I said, you probably won't notice much difference, but it's more symbolic to me than anything, so just put up with it. :)

This is from 2007. When I posted this to deviantart, I got comments about how I was too fat to listen to the Who and how Roger Daltrey would never fuck me. And I went... Uh, yeah, you're probably right. He probably wouldn't, but unless you're his girlfriend and fucking him right now, you have no idea who he would and wouldn't fuck.


This is probably a little out of order due to the red hair, but I dyed my hair so much in those days, I really can't remember.


I had spent ages getting my eyeliner exactly how I wanted it, so I wanted to take a picture. I love wearing eyeliner like this, but it's such a pain in the ass that I almost never bother.


There's the red hair again. 


I made one of my eyes blue in this picture, just for fun. I wish they really looked like that.


Thanksgiving 2008, on the way to my aunt and uncle's.


St. Patrick's Day. I thought I had to work, so I dressed a little festively. I didn't have to, which made my night. I remember sitting at home drinking an entire bottle of watermelon pucker while watching the animated movie Anastasia on tv. Fun times.


Me and my trusty acoustic guitar. I almost never let full body shots of myself online.


This is my single most favorite picture of myself. I was going for an 80s feel. I actually used pink eyeshadow as blush.


You've seen this recently, but I don't care. It was taken in either late 2009 or early 2010.








This is the most recent picture of me on this list. I'm still incredibly self conscious about it, but I feel better than I would have at that time just a few years ago.


Anyway, tomorrow's theme is hope, but you will be getting that late because the family are leaving the house at 10am and aren't returning until Saturday night. Then, we'll be leaving again until Sunday night, I believe. So yeah. Expect some interruptions and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment