Monday, May 2, 2011

Day 70/365: Curly

Today I learned two things; that my fujifilm fine pix j38 is a fat sack of crap sometimes, and that there is absolutely nothing in my deviantart gallery underneath the keywords "curly", "curls", or "curl".

I should tell the story of why I have to use old pictures for today's entry, and why they barely pertain to the theme at all.
Yesterday I was having an issue with my camera. I went to upload like, 190 something pictures. When it got to a picture 160 or so in, there was an error. There was an option to try to upload that picture again, so I clicked that button. This resulted in the entire upload cancelling. All those 160 pictures, poof, not on the computer.

The weird part is, when I took a picture of the drawing I used for yesterday's post, those pictures uploaded fine.

Okay. Switch to today. I try to upload all those pictures again. It got an error message at the same picture, and it would not upload a single one after that. I had to click "skip" probably forty or fifty times. Fun.
So.. when I'm trying to edit and save a couple of said pictures, nothing was going right. I color corrected a picture, then clicked undo, and the picture disappeared.

So I tried to edit another picture and that went fine. Until I tried to save it. I got a "error writing file" message. Several things could be to blame here. That computer (as mom's had trouble putting pictures on it for ages now). My camera, as it's prone to fuck up. The photo editing program. It's an old program that I for for free years ago.

Whatever the reason, the fact is that I'm too irritated/pissed off to bother trying to mess around with it tonight. If I ever do get those pictures working, I will gladly update this post with the new pictures at the bottom, but for right now, today's pitiful collection of pictures.



Word art I did back in 2007. As with a lot of stuff I drew back then, I want to try to redo them. I had some great ideas then. However, I feel like I've come a long way and would like to try some of these concepts again. Although really, the only thing that jumps out at me that I want to change are the little black cursive words. Maybe the placement of the "Step by Step". I feel like it's crowding the trippy green business that's going on.

An old sketchbook cover. As it is I only have part of a biiig sketchbook left, and while I like that a lot, I miss having a portable sketchbook. One that was a size where I could just throw it in my messenger bag and be off with it.

This was taken in 2008.

I apologize for today's entry. It's one thing when I post old pictures as damage control to cover for my art block, but it's another when I actually have new pictures for you that I can't post. FUUUUUUUUUU
Anyway.
Tomorrow's theme is "curvy", which might mean I have to take pictures of myself. Lol. I'm not curvy. I'm just fat.

Anyway. I'm off to do random internet browsing so I suppose I'll catch you all tomorrow.







No comments:

Post a Comment