Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day 94/365: Environment.

I had intended to post at least a sketch for you today, but it's going to take a lot of work. It's going to be a fairly simple drawing (no acid trippy patterns), and I'm actually going to watercolor paint it, but... it's outside my comfort zone, so it's going to take more effort and work than most of my pictures do. I am notoriously terrible at drawing decent human anatomy. So often I have this amazing idea in my head, and I go to sketch it out only to find that my hands aren't as good as my brain. If I could get my pictures to come out the way I saw them in my head, people would actually pay attention to my artwork. It would be amazing.

I suppose I have churned out some quality stuff in my time, but for every drawing that works there are at least two or three that I cannot physically get to come out like they were in my mind's eye.

I know, I basically create art to express myself, and not just to get attention, but after a while it's really hard to spend hours on a drawing knowing only a handful of people are going to give a shit about it, and that's if I'm lucky.

Anyway, I need to get to bed pretty soon, so I should stop rambling and start posting pictures.


This is a drawing I did for Earth Day 2009. It's hanging on my bedroom wall.  I drew this just a few days before I lost my driver's license, so sometimes it can be hard to look at, but I like it as a drawing and I'm not going to stuff it away in a folder somewhere.

Our city has a curbside pick up recycling thing, and once when packaging the recyclables I noticed that the top of one of the crushed milk jugs looked vaguely like a heart. I did pinch the bottom (LOL) just a little to make it that pointed though.




This was my earth day picture for 2010, I believe. I had gotten a strange idea to use a chain as a flower stem in a drawing. I like the idea enough that I would probably use it again



This has nothing to do with today's theme. I just wanted to brag to you all that I have seen Carole King in person. Granted, she was giving a speech and not singing, but I don't care. XD

I don't know how good this picture is, but I liked the feeling it gave me, so I decided to include it.

This is a rose bush I got on sale last year. It still hasn't showed any huge signs of life, so I'm worried that it won't come back. Although. Another house in the area has a rose bush, and it looks pretty much the same as mine, and that one's been alive for years, so maybe it's just too early.  For this particular instance, I was coloring a picture with pastel crayons, and when I do that, I frequently blend the colors with my fingers. It was during that that I got the idea to color my thumb green and take pictures of it. XD



I have a weird ability to remember where pictures like this were taken. I mean, it could be any stupid grassy field, but I can remember where it was. I can't remember something someone said three minutes ago, but I remember where I took a picture fucking four years ago. I'm so weird.

This picture was taken from inside a car. The sky was just amazing that day. I hope I see another day like this, because it was really just stunning.


This is a picture of one of my best friends, Vanessa. This was taken a few years ago, before she had moved back to the general area that I live. I went to visit her when she lived a couple hours away from me. There's a really good chance that I had a nice beer buzz going when I took this picture. Also, that summer I was really, really into Def Leppard. XD

Pictures like this are really fun to get but I haven't tried for a while. I think it's because I can't drive, and so I can't really wait until it gets this dark to take pictures, because I still have to bike home afterwards.




A peace sign I made out of sticks on the ground. I had gotten home while my parents were out. They had locked the door and I didn't have a house key. I just decided to take pictures while I waited for them to get back home.

Tomorrow's theme is "evil". I will try to have something decent (and new) for you tomorrow, but I can't make any guarantees.

I'm still having second thoughts as to this blog. I've kept it going for nearing 100 days, and literally only three or four people have even bothered to acknowledge it at all. I feel like all I'm doing is talking to myself and showing myself new artwork, or old works of mine that I'd forgotten about.

Whatever guys, I should really be getting to bed so I won't babble on any longer tonight. XD


No comments:

Post a Comment