Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 83/365: Don't Wait Up.

Today, I really haven't been online that much. And the few sketches I did do today looked like shit, and I really couldn't come up with any ideas that I liked.

Today was just a weird, lazy day at home. It's rare that all four of us are home at the same time, for most of a day. My morning is a blur, probably due to the allergy pills. I took some allergy pills this morning only to find later that they were not marked "non drowsy".
I had to have three huge glasses of coffee + milk to even feel half awake. It is not fun when you feel unbearably tired and you haven't yet figured out why.

This afternoon my parents went out to buy a new printer. Ours has been acting up literally for years, but we keep putting off getting a new one. While my parents were out, my brother and I watched Aladdin. We're on a mission this summer to rewatch a lot of our old favorite movies from childhood. We're Back, Rock a Doodle, The Land Before Time, and FernGully are just a few of the possible choices, probably along with Disney stuff like The Lion King and The Little Mermaid.

After dinner, the family watched "Unstoppable" or whatever the movie is called, about the runaway train that had cars of toxic, flammable chemicals on board. It was a damn good movie. Better than I expected.

But yeah. Enough babbling. Now onward with the art.
You're getting old pictures because... just because. For most of the day, I was busy doing real life things and or being in an allergy pill induced haze, and even now there is a huge pile of dishes in the kitchen that I still have to do tonight before I get to bed. That's why you're getting old pictures.

We're going to get the first picture out of the way because, let's face it, I look weird in it.

That would be me and the drummer of a Styx/REO/Journey tribute band called Arch Allies. He gave me a drum stick. So I was pretty starstruck about that. I also found him very adorable and probably noticed me stealing glances at him throughout their entire show. Sadly, he's got a girlfriend, and honestly you can't tell here but he's old enough to be my father. I can't help it. I like older guys so much that when a guy my age is interested in me, I go "Ew, isn't he a little too young?" or I feel like a pedo for liking guys my age.

This would be my old high school friend Suzie at her wedding. This is one of very few pictures of mine that I use flash (AHHHHHHH! Sorry. Queen reference). Usually I feel like the flash screws up pictures and just makes a general mess of things, but here it worked.

Now, this was technically a Christmas bow, but it could really be interpreted as being for any gift giving occasion.

You have already seen this picture in a photomanipulation, but this is the original. 

I took this with an old camera that had a broken screen, and no viewfinder. Basically I was shooting blind. Most of the time, that arrangement didn't produce decent macro shots. Considering the circumstances, I think this turned out pretty well.

A picture of my mini mannequin that I messed about with in Photoshop I believe. It was at the college I used to go to, in a computer lab. I can't afford Photoshop, and anyway, it feels really foreign to me because I'm used to the Paint Shop Pro series.

There was a bunch of foul weather once when I was working at the seasonal restaurant I have washed dishes at for several summers. I didn't edit this at all. It was super dark all on its own.

I don't often get decent evening shots, because I can't hold my camera still enough and I don't own a tripod.

I apologize about using old pictures. Tomorrow's theme is "doors", and you can be sure you'll get new material for that.






No comments:

Post a Comment