Monday, May 9, 2011

Day 77/365: Death.

For today's drawing, I went the sugar skull route again.

I've become quite enamored with the simple yet complicated designs of some of these. It would be fun to go completely overboard and just fill the entire skull in with crazy patterns and stuff. Right now I like that there's a bunch of white space because as fun as going acid trippy apeshit as far as complicated, colorful patterns go, sometimes that can be a bit overwhelming.

Today has been... weird. If you were wondering. It was thunderstorming like hell this morning, and it's just been super windy and rainy all day. It was cloudy and grey for most of the day but within the last couple hours, the sun has come out and now it looks rather nice out.

Still, it's way too windy for me to bike anywhere.

Tomorrow's theme is "desire", and there will be some new art for that. I don't want to jinx myself and say that I'm out of the art block woods yet, but my renewed interest in Duran Duran and Def Leppard is a bit inspiring so we'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment