Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day 82/365: Don't go.

Today, you get a random conglomeration of pictures.
If you don't want to hear about my day, just scroll down until you see pictures, because I am going to put some BS about my life here.

I was actually busy for most of the day, including the part where I watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt1, and then How to Train Your Dragon. And did dishes several times.
Although... the time I was online I was pretty wrapped up in reading cracked.com articles.
This is random, but I'm getting quite bored of a bunch of my facebook apps again. I don't play nearly as many as I used to, and it seems like the ones I play now are just getting... old. I'm getting bored with them. I'm thinking of taking a hiatus/quitting most of them for a while.

It's one thing to play so many apps it takes you several hours just to check them all when you essentially have no life and nothing going on. It's another to actually start getting shit together and start making things happen (albeit small things, but nevertheless things). I feel like maybe I'm starting to move towards actually having stuff to do in real life (abbreviated as "IRL" for all you internet tards) and maybe not feeling like wasting time playing facebook apps.

I'm still a bit nervous about the paper route, and having to field doubts about that (mostly from my father, who keeps saying I need to get a real full time job and not some piddly newspaper route). Yeah, well 76 bucks a month might suck as far as income, but it's 76 dollars more a month than I make now, so he can just shut up.

Speaking of jobs, I have an interview at Best Buy on Tuesday or Thursday (I have it written down on a notepad at the table, but I'm too lazy to go check) at 2. I'm trying to remain positive about that, but I've been interviewed by Best Buy before and still not gotten the job. I looked up a site on how to answer their interview questions, so hopefully that helps. I mean, there's got to be something I'm doing wrong in the interviews.

The thing is, a lot of them ask about "Talk about when you missed a deadline, tell me about a time when you had to work as part of a team to reach a deadline, blahblahblah", and unless I use some BS from my time as a college student, I really can't think of anything that fits that description.
I have never worked at a job with specific "tasks", "deadlines", and all that shit. When you wash dishes, you get to leave when all the dishes are done and you've swept/mopped your area and drained the dishwasher. There is no time I have to be done by. When I cleaned hotel rooms, they had an average amount of time they wanted it to take you to clean each individual room, but there was no set in stone time we HAD to be done by.

Still. This time I'm going to try really hard, and look really nice. And really, if I get the Best Buy job, that might affect my decision to keep delivering papers. If by some stroke of luck I got the Best Buy job, I would probably only deliver papers for the summer. I'm almost secretly hoping that's what happens.

Okay. That's enough rambly BS for one day. Let's get on with the pictures.

A cute tumbler I got for a quarter at a second hand store. There was a set of four, but I only bought one, forever messing up anyone who had wanted a complete set. Hey. Three is a lucky number in Japan. Little girls' tea sets come with three cups. Look that shit up.

An old picture of me. I miss not having bangs. I loved having bangs, but I've decided to grow them out. And it's going to be a pain in the ass all summer. XD

I wrote "Steve" in the sand, and then overlaid a picture taken by Ross Halfin. I hope typing that name doesn't set off some internet bots who get this picture taken down. I really mean it as a tribute to an adorable, talented, but ultimately troubled man who was taken from us too soon.

Lyrics from "Photograph" by Def Leppard, written on the beach.

A picture I took because I wanted to use it as a background to an image blend I wanted to make. Not sure if I got around to this particular one.

Pretty sure you've already seen this, but I don't care. Writing cursive in the sand using a piece of driftwood isn't as easy as it looks. LOL.
I'd love to write this again and then have Rick stand next to it so all you'd get is the name written in the sand, and his cute bare feet. I can dream, can't I? Lol. I actually have another picture idea for if I ever have that opportunity. It would require his wife being present. But basically, I would have him wearing a guitar, with his right arm on the neck of the guitar. His wife would be standing to the left of him, with her left hand strumming the guitar strings. I used to never tell people that idea because I was afraid someone would steal the idea, but let's face it. 1, it probably isn't an original idea, and 2, even if it is, I'll probably never get the chance to actually take that picture. Even if I get to meet Rick someday.
So I beg you. If you have this opportunity, TAKE IT. Just get Rick to autograph a print and send it to me, please. 

I know this is just a screenshot of my desktop at one time, but I don't think I have that actual picture anymore, so I decided to post this.



I think this picture is pretty good, but I might be biased because it's also really nostalgic for me. And if you're not me, you won't understand why.

Someone spray painted a peace sign on a civil war memorial in town. The city has since cleaned it off.
Honestly, I know it's like, defacing city property, but for fuck's sake, it's a PEACE SIGN painted on a war memorial. If it were me I'd have just left it there. But Clear Lake has to worry a lot about their image (since we have a fuckton of people living here in the summer).

The antique store you see on that corner? It's gone now. It went out of business, and got torn down. 

Tomorrow's theme is "don't wait up", and I'll be honest, I've got no clue in hell as to what I'll do for that.










No comments:

Post a Comment