Saturday, May 7, 2011

Day 75/365: Darkness.

Today, you are once again getting old pictures. I was busy for a majority of my day so... I wasn't really thinking about art. Also, when I did try to sit down and think of something, my mind was just blank.

And... I have a fucking awful headache right now that is actually making it difficult for me to even concentrate on what I'm typing right now.

I promise I'll post a few new pictures tomorrow. Actually, a bunch. You're going to get a bunch of new pictures tomorrow to make up for my utter lack of following the rules, but right now I'm going to post some old pictures, then OD on tylenol and go to bed. I hope I feel okay in the morning because this is just bullshit right now.

This is probably my crowning achievement as far as collages go. It's called "Morphine" and was the product of listening to the song of the same name by Michael Jackson. I listened to that song almost the entire three hours I spent making this.

Some old word art. As with a lot of my old art, I think it would be worth it to try to redo this.

A picture I may have posted here already. I can't remember. I'm sorry.

I had gone on a short picture taking walk and was walking back to my house through the back alley when I noticed how pretty the sky was.

My mom and I were at a craft/antique fair thing, and we saw this creepy doll. I can't remember if it was this doll or a different creepy doll there, but if you lifted its arm up and let go, the arm would stay there, but slowly inch down BY ITSELF. Which is perfectly explainable but still felt really weird.

And now, a Styx feature. In August 2008, I saw Styx at the Surf Ballroom in Clear Lake, IA. It was pretty epic and I have a few pictures.
I searched my deviantart gallery for the keyword "dark" and one of the pictures came up, so I thought... fuck it. I'll just feature a few Styx pictures for the hell of it.




I recommend clicking on this for the full view. It was one of the pictures where my camera accidentally focused on the back of these people's heads instead of JY singing.

JY, front and center. The man kicks ass on guitar and has an amazing, unique voice. 

This is really the only picture I took that night that came out the way I wanted it to. My camera does not do motion shots well. I want a camera that can get stop motion shots. Sigh.

Another blurry picture I had to make the best of. And I really like it. I used lyrics from Snowblind, and that's actually what JY was singing at the time. And it was incredible. If I hadn't known Snowblind so well from repeated listening, I would have damn near thought they were playing the recording. JY burned the house down on this one.

And that's all I have for you. I'm really sorry about using pre taken pictures. But... as I promised, you will get a bunch of new pictures tomorrow. Tomorrow's theme is "days", and come on, there couldn't be an easier theme to take pictures for.

Right now, I'm going to OD on tylenol and hop in bed with my mp3 player on.















No comments:

Post a Comment