Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day 69/365: Curious.

Today, you're getting another sketch, for reasons I will share with you shortly.

Based on an idea I got from a Duran Duran lyric.

Okay. Now, the reasons you're getting a sketch. This isn't exactly supposed to have any sort of realistic anatomy, but I do still want to search for a few body references. Mainly for the arm. Arms and hands are my least favorite things to draw. Also, I know I have a tendency to draw the boobs too big, so you don't have to point that out.

Also, I'm not sure as to what kind of coloring/shading I want. I thought about coloring the skin with pastel crayons and everything else with markers, but then I thought about looking up comic book outlining/shading and maybe doing something with that. Maybe outlining and doing some shading with a sharpie and then using acrylic paints or watercolors to fill in the color.

I'm really not sure. 

I like this posting sketches thing. It lets me feel good that I can post something brand new without having to worry about finishing the whole shebang at once (idea, sketch, outlining, and coloring).

I can't remember what tomorrow's theme is because I'm on our other computer (as mine is tied up in the Sims 2 right now), so it'll be a surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment