Friday, May 6, 2011

Day 74/365: Dangerous.

Today, you're getting random old pictures.

For one, I was gone/busy most of the day. We were moving my brother out of his college dorm room and back home, so that took up the morning. Then when we got home around noon, we pretty much left again to go out to eat. Then, my mom, brother, and I did a tiny bit of shopping. I got a new pair of shoes because they were having a buy one get one half off deal, and there was a pair of shoes my brother wanted. I owe my mom like 11 bucks for them. You might get a picture tomorrow if I feel like it.

Also, my allergies have been plaguing me something fucking awful today, resulting in a very intense headache that is only now beginning to wane, because I took some generic allergy pills. It is for this reason that I really don't feel like having to conjure up something incredible and artsy for today's entry. Work with me here in relating these things to the "dangerous" theme.

This is an old pickup truck we don't have anymore. It was around when I was very very young, all the way up through just a few years ago. It was an 82 Chevy I believe. Anyway, this is one of few film pictures in my gallery. At the time my digital camera was broken, and mom still had a film camera. I stole her camera one day and took just a few pictures. This was one. The red bit on the left is because I accidentally exposed some of the film because I forgot you had to rewind the film before you took it out of the camera.
I relate this to today's theme because I was always afraid of cutting myself on the huge patches of rust that were all over the truck.

The same truck from above, through an old wagon wheel propped up against an old clothesline post that's in our yard. This was also taken with film, so I'm really surprised it actually focused on the thing I wanted it to focus on. Those shots were really hard for me to get with film cameras.

A photomanip I did to an old picture of me. Included because... acid is dangerous. I don't know. Lol.

This one reminds me of today's theme because... Well. Back during my Def Leppard obsession, I watched a bunch of Def Leppard stuff. On dvds at my bestie Vanessa's house, on tv, on the internet, I don't remember. But in one of these things, Rick Allen told a story about when he was a teenager, how he bought this whole huge jug of white wine and drank it all at once. And then he got super sick in the back of their van. But... yeah. That isn't safe. XD

Now, because I feel another slightly large crush on Rick Allen coming on, I want to include some of my art that relates to that.

A picture of Rick that I messed with in Paint Shop Pro 8. Basically I used the threshold tool a bunch. It's hard to explain but someday I'll make a tutorial thing to explain myself.

Another photomanip using that same technique.


An animated icon of Rick that I made. I've done icons like this for John Lennon, John Deacon, and Paul McCartney I think. I may have made another one but I forget.


The kind of image blends I'm very fond of making.

Another image blend.

I wrote his name in sand at the beach specifically because I wanted to use the picture as the background to one of my image blends. 

This is a tattoo I'm legit considering. I want to redraw it a bit, since I did this way back in 2008. But. I'm kind of promising myself that if I ever get down to a certain size (I think size 14 was what I was going for) that I would start the process of getting half sleeve tattoos, on my upper arms. Just so I could still wear 3/4 length sleeved shirts or longer sleeves so I could still look presentable for job interviews and stuff. I'm thinking of this tattoo on my upper arm.

And there you have it. I'm terribly sorry about using old material, but my head hurts so much right now and my allergies are so kicking my ass that I really can't concentrate on artsy things.

Tomorrow's theme is darkness, and I'm not entirely sure what I'll do for that, but I'll certainly try to make something new.












No comments:

Post a Comment