Saturday, May 28, 2011

Day 96/365: Exercise.

Today, you're getting old pictures. I was basically busy all day, and since dad is home I can't really use our other computer to submit the pictures. Also, I'm tired, have an upset stomach, and my entire bottom half hurts.

Today, I delivered the newspaper as normal. I biked home, and the neighbor puppy was out so I played with her for a bit. Then, my mother, brother, and I marched in the band fest parade with the local PFLAG chapter. My brother and I were two of several people carrying rainbow flags, and one of these amusing older gay men brought a giant rainbow flag that four people carried like a big tarp, and it was just fun. Fun, but wearing rather tight red chucks is not comfortable. Hey, it looks  hot, and they're the only red sneakers I have, but my feet are killing me now.
And my knees are about ready to pop right out and go on strike or something. My arms hurt from newspaper delivering (mostly because I have to lift and turn around my bike a lot). Still. Marching was fun.

Afterwards, there was a little get together at said giant rainbow flag owning amusing gay man's house, where we ate food, talked to people, watched a bit of tv, and I had two vodka lemonades. I probably didn't even have two shots of vodka and I was sufficiently juiced for a few hours. I'm actually still feeling it, just the after effects. Not like a hangover, but you know how you feel when alcohol wears off.

I actually really like being a lightweight, and I'm not one of those prudes with expensive taste either. Especially since most of the time, I don't want to taste my liquor. So there's no point in springing for the expensive vodka if you're just going to cover up the taste with lemonade, or orange juice, or whatever.


But yeah. After biking my newspaper route, walking the whole parade route, and then actually biking to a bar that I pass on my newspaper route... my legs are shot. I biked to that bar to pick up a job application. Just to clarify that.

Anyway. Onward with the pictures. I picked pictures of my bike, other people's bikes, pictures taken on my bike, or picture taken when I've gone on walks.





I layered together a picture of my hand holding my mp3 player with a picture I took of an airplane flying overhead. Lyrics belong to The Who.







One of my favorite pictures taken while actually on my bike.


A macro shot of my bike handle.




I don't care if I've posted this picture before. I love it too much to not include it.


This picture was a pain in the ass. There were no less than thirty failed shots before it came out. Usually I walk away after three or four failed shots, but I really wanted this one.


Usually I would not put the subject that close to the edge of the photo, but I liked the way it looked like she (and by she I mean Vanessa) was just going to walk right out of the picture.








To date, this is one of my favorite nature pictures that I've taken.


This is not my bike. It was sitting out in town, and I liked it so I snapped a picture.
Tomorrow's theme is "eyes". After I deliver the paper tomorrow, I get to do whatever I want. There is no paper published on Memorial Day, so I get to sleep in tomorrow night. I'm pretty sore right now, but thinking "All I have to do is get through an uncomfortable hour and a half tomorrow morning and then I don't have to fuck around with newspapers until Tuesday" makes it a lot easier. The reason I say that is that I should have more than enough time to produce some new art for you.
Anyway, I'm off to finish up something on facebook, and then I'll be in bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment