Saturday, April 30, 2011

Day 68/365: culture.

My culture is flowers.

You can take that as a profoundly artsy fartsy statement if you like.

I really meant to post some pictures of the lake... pictures I just took tonight, but my camera did something weird. I sat through it uploading almost all of the 190 something pictures I had, and then because there was an error uploading ONE of them, it cancelled the whole fucking upload. It would probably be okay next time I try to upload if I just skip the picture that was having problems, but I really don't feel like sitting through that shit again.

Besides. Culture is a really broad term, and as you've previously noticed (or haven't, since nobody goddam reads this) I like to twist the themes to fit my nefarious purposes.

Today's pictures are new, though, so at least there's that. I haven't posted them on deviantart, or facebook, or any of that. I only just posted them to photobucket so I can use the link to post them here.

Cute little purply blue flowers growing in the flowerbed by our driveway.

Color balance edit of the same picture, because I liked it.

Another color balance edit of the same picture, because I also liked this one. I think it's cool how something as simple as color balance can change the entire feel of a picture.

And now, for a picture that ISN'T the above one. XD

Thankfully the swarm of bees that were hiding out in these flowers a couple weeks ago have gone somewhere else.

And now, since I've gotten the brand new pictures out of the way, I feel like I should post some old ones that might actually have more to do with culture.

The funny part is, when searching my deviantart gallery for the keyword "culture", nothing came up.
Touche. Lol

This is a weird idea I had several years ago. If we get cherries this summer (which I'm sure we will, at some point) I may try this idea again. Or with different pieces of my stemware collection.
Seriously, if I had my own house, my cupboards would be filled with shit like this.

A great idea I had that I wish I could do over (i.e. the bottom of the glass is too close to the bottom of the picture for my liking now, but obviously years ago that didn't bother me). 
Sadly, that glass has gone off to the Big Cupboard in the Sky. I try to avoid buying stemware made out of super thin glass now because several of them have broken.
Anyway. This is an idea I would like to try again with different glasses. I'm thinking my brandy snifter would work pretty well.

I know you've seen this picture before but I don't care. I like it, so I'm posting it again.

You've probably seen this before too. I can't remember. 

Pretty sure you haven't seen this one. It's word art inspired by the Michael Jackson song of the same name. It says "Unbreakable" for those of you who can't read my trippy handwriting.
This is an idea I'd like to redo, mainly because I'd like to get the lettering with straighter lines, as opposed to the wobbly lines.

Tomorrow's theme is "curious", and considering there's a Duran Duran lyric with that word in it... I may just have to do some word art for that. Maybe akin to this piece:

OR. Or I could draw a trippy lady in the vague shape of a question mark. I haven't decided yet. Lol.

Anyway, I'm really tired and exhausted... partially because I'm a female and I hate this week, and partially because I rode my bike and stuff... and spent all day at grandma's house. AND and and. Because I want to get up early so I can do dishes, because generally my failure to do dishes on Saturday night causes some ire with my parents when they want to cook Sunday breakfast and there are dishes all over the kitchen counter.

In my defense... we were gone basically all day, but they'd probably go "Well you could have done the dishes when we got home instead of going for a bike ride" BUT. I don't care right now. There aren't that many dishes.
ANYWAY. Good night. I'm really logging off this time. XD








No comments:

Post a Comment