Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 57/365: Comfort

Today, I can actually say I have a brand new picture for you.
Since I didn't take any new pictures for yesterday's theme, "colored glass" I decided to work one of my glasses into today's picture.


In case you're wondering, this is what it looks like unedited:

Not technically the same file, but it's from the same shoot so close enough.

Today has been rather dreary and pretty much passed by in a blur. I got a call from Target today. I have an interview tomorrow morning at 9:30. I'd like to keep my spirits up for this but...
I have probably literally been interviewed by Target five times, or more, and still not gotten the job. 

This time, I'm trying to be prepared for their hypothetical questions, which are particularly difficult for me.
I.e. "Tell me about a time when you blahblahblah". I mean... some of them aren't so bad, but when they ask me questions about a time at work when we had to complete a task by such and such time... I have never had a task oriented job with super time sensitive deadlines.

I mean yeah, when I was a hotel housekeeper, they didn't want you to take too long, but there wasn't a fixed time when you HAD to have your work done.

There are other questions they ask and it's just weird because I've never really had a job that pertains to the types of questions they ask. I end up having to recall stuff from my dishwashing days that only vaguely fits their question, at best.

Dishwashing is what I know how to do. You don't have a set "deadline" to finish "tasks"... You have to keep up with the amount of dishes, and you had to clean up/mop the floor afterwards. That was it.

Eh. Whatever. Hopefully I'll be more prepared this time. If I do get the job, I am still going to try to get hours at PM Park (a restaurant where I've gotten summer hours for a few years now). I won't start thinking about that until I get or don't get the job. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it, I guess. Tomorrow's theme is commitment.
I could draw an angel and a devil getting married. Or two other contrasting people getting married. Maybe I'll make a yin yang design with people, or with some sort of animal (I've already done that sort of thing with koi fish). I'll figure that out tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment