Friday, April 15, 2011

Day 54/365: Clouds

Today, as I previously foretold, you're getting a bunch of pre taken pictures because today is dreary and cold. Right now it's 39 degrees out with a 20+ mile an hour wind which makes it feel like 29.

And of course my mother wanted me out and about in my ever continuing battle against unemployment.
Not in this weather. I'll do some looking online...On the local newspaper's website, since monster.com is utterly useless. I can type in my zip code and set the radius to 20 miles, and I'm still getting job search results from frickin Des Moines. Do I look like I have the means to make that kind of commute twice a day, every day that I work? I wouldn't even do that if I could drive, dude.

In other news, I have to clean the bathroom. And my mom seems to have developed early onset alzheimers, because she asked me to vacuum the living and dining rooms when I literally just did so earlier this week. This very week. Like three days ago. Also, told me I need to work some more in my room, which I probably won't do because my room is upstairs, and our house doesn't have upstairs heating. So it basically feels like 30 degrees upstairs. I need to. I have a habit of emptying my dresser all over the floor when I can't decide what to wear, but I probably won't get much done in there today. Ugh.

Yeah, today's just making to be the depressing, dreary kind of day that can only be made more interesting by copious caffeine consumption.

But anyway, enough of my stupid banter. That's not what you came here for.

This picture was taken in 2008, when my brother still had long hair. I walk the slowest out of the four people in my family which is a good cover for when I stop and take pictures of them when they aren't paying attention.

One of the few pictures I've taken that prevent me from fully hating winter.

This habit of pointing my camera straight at the sun started back when I was still using my mom's old 35mm camera. I got a really neat reflection effect from the lens. I don't get the same results with my digital camera so that is one of the few things I miss about being forced to use film cameras.

The same sort of color balance as the last shot. I wish I could remember the setting I used. And by setting I mean, color balance setting in Paint Shop Pro 8.


A picture of my feet, which I then overlaid with a picture of a blue sky. I do wish I'd made the sky more visible. This might be one of the pictures I set out to redo this summer.



I literally took this picture like three feet from my back door.

My mother has a certain disdain for my habit of taking pictures of people when they're not looking. Until one of them turns around and tells me off for taking their picture I'm going to keep doing it.


Not the best picture I've ever taken, but the clouds were really insane and gorgeous that day. I wish I'd gotten more shots of them, but this was taken in the car so I didn't have a whole lot of options.





I love days like this.



This isn't the best picture ever, but I like it because it reminds me of a screen capture from a movie or something.

Again, technically not the best picture ever, but I like the feeling of it. Considering most of my deviations on deviantART are put in the conceptual photography category, that makes perfect sense.

This is a pretty old shot. It feels like an old childhood memory of someone's, which is why I like it.


This is probably the oldest picture I'll post for you guys. I took it with a film camera in October 2006.

LOL. I hope you'll forgive me for spamming you with so many pictures, but I did promise you all I'd post a bunch on days that I don't create something new for you all.

Tomorrow's theme is clowns, and that's really, really not going to happen. I hate clowns. If you're lucky, you'll get a jester, but I am not, under any circumstances, making art with CLOWNS. No. No no no no no no NO.
Honestly, I'll probably just look up stills from Disney's "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" and do something as pertains to the festival of fools. Anyhoo, I unfortunately have crap to get done today, so I should stop blabbering on and actually go do some of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment