Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day 49/365: City Lights.

Today, I'm using pre-taken pictures.
I almost never take pictures at night. I don't have a tripod, so they usually don't come out. I also rarely use flash photography because it just never does good things to my pictures.

Therefore, I have a shortage of "city lights" pictures. Also... when I try to draw city lights it just ends up looking like a cheap piece of clip art you can find online.

Also, I'm working on a drawing that isn't related to today's theme. Given the intensity of my artist's block lately, I'm lucky I've thought of anything to draw at all, related to the blog or not.

Anyway, enough of my rambling.

If I remember right this picture was taken in 2007. It seems like so long ago.

Sadly, this guitar is not mine. I was a member of an adult choir that met in the choir room at the local community college at the time. Dad was in it as well. We are always really early, so before practice started I was messing about with my camera. I had to lie on the floor to take this picture. I've always been strangely apathetic about getting strange stares if I think I can get a decent picture out of the deal.


In the car with mom, on the way back from dropping my bro off at college. I was playing with the night tripod setting on my camera.



Another picture I took in 2007. Which means I had a crappy little fine pix A600 camera that only had 6 megapixels. The camera I have now has twice that.


This was taken before a concert at the Surf Ballroom. There was a summer of rock pack of three concerts my parents bought tickets to. This was the Marshall Tucker Band and the Georgia Satellites, I believe. I wouldn't have gone to this concert at all, but I didn't have anything better to do.



This picture has absolutely nothing to do with today's theme. I just liked it because I thought it looked like a still from a movie. This was taken in 2008 I believe.

And that's today's entry. Tomorrow's theme is "classic", which might result in me taking pictures of albums in my record collection. Maybe that drawing I'm working on today will get thrown in. I'm really not sure. You'll have to find out tomorrow


No comments:

Post a Comment