Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day 65/365: Costumes

Well, as I suspected, I am going to be using old pictures for today's entry. I have no special costumes to speak of (since none of my old prom dresses fit right now), and I don't really have any super fashionable friends within a decent radius. In the summer I'm going to do several photo shoots with my very fashionable gay brother, but he still has another week and a half at college. And we still have a couple weeks before it starts to get green and pretty outside. Still. There is one particular area in town I want to take my brother's picture fairly soon. Said place is an old antique store that went out of business in September. There's a side door to that place that is pretty picturesque, and also there is a bunch of ivy growing on the back wall that is all cute and artsy fartsy.

Anyway, enough of my artsy rambling. Most of these pictures have to do with Halloween.

This is my brother dressed as Lady Gaga. He made the outfit himself out of old clothes from the second hand store and some fabric glue.

This picture is especially nostalgic. For one, it was taken several years ago at a very interesting Halloween party in a friend's house. Lots and lots of alcohol was consumed. Another thing that makes this picture very nostalgic is that now, the girl in that picture is married to someone... and not the male someone seen in this picture. Also, I know the picture is blurry, but given the amount of drunkness that was partaken in at that house, I feel like I can get away with it.

My halloween costume in 2009. Because I'm so broke, I usually take the easy out and dress as a gypsy, since it doesn't involve spending that much money. At all. I can only count two pieces of that costume that were specially purchased for that night. I was headed to the bar/restaurant I worked at, for their Halloween party.

The false nails I was talking about. As I got progressively drunker at the party, when the nails started to fall off, I remember just ripping them off and throwing them on the ground. In my defense, since I was going to crash at a co worker's place for the night, I ended up staying afterwards to help clean up, in which I picked up after myself. In my defense again, I was going to stay to help clean up anyway, since it was my bosses' last night there (as the place was changing hands to the people who actually own the land).

The next picture is from Halloween 2008. Just feel like I should say that.

A terribly adorable guy I used to work with. And another testament to the fact that I cannot resist tall brunette men with big noses.
Very funny, drunk or sober, but told me himself that "I was too nice and sensitive for him". This was pretty much the only picture I ever took of him where he didn't threaten to smash my camera, or my face, or make some stupid accusation about how I was a creepy stalker. 

(backstory for those out of the loop: I got a crush on this guy and made the mistake of telling a couple of my coworkers about it, stupidly thinking it was between myself and them; they in turn told almost everyone else. Without my knowledge, they constantly pestered him about it and blew everything way out of proportion. Lesson learned).

 Honestly though, you should get drunk with this guy. I still stop and laugh about drunken things he said or did. I'll never forget the time that people were playing a shitload of 80s music on the jukebox. So.. what the guy does is draw "I hate the 80s" on a bar napkin and wore it around like a bib. That was also the time he drew on a napkin, a picture of someone shooting whoever was at the jukebox. He was unhappy with how the drawing looked, but instead of throwing the napkin away, he ATE it.

Anyway. That's today's entry. Tomorrow's theme is "cross", and I should tell you right now that this is probably the only time you will ever see a christian cross in my artwork. And that's if I decide to go that route. I'm not sure what I'll draw yet. Maybe something Jesus Christ Superstar related, because strangely enough it's less, I dunno, preachy than Godspell.

I liked Godspell but it was just too... I don't know. I don't believe in christianity in the least and I don't like essentially having scripture shoved down my throat. But I have to admit. Victor Garber was totally hot in that movie. Like I know he was playing Jesus but I had all sorts of unholy ideas throughout the entire movie.

ANYWAY. You all have a good night now.






No comments:

Post a Comment