Monday, April 25, 2011

Day 63/365: Cookery

Today, I haven't spent that much time online, and the drawing I was trying to prepare for today just wasn't turning out. I wasn't feeling it.
I'm guessing I'm nearing my "super happy fun time of the month" time, because I'm having that sort of feeling. That crabby "I'm not quite here" feeling, where I also constantly have the munchies. I've learned recently that I feel this way right before my super happy fun week.

What I'm saying is, today you're getting a random conglomeration of pictures. Seven of the last eight entries have been brand new material, so I don't feel bad at all about today.

Okay, I kind of do, but I've been preoccupied today.

Anyway. These pictures are randomly related to cooking, kitchens, and all that sort of thing, because cookery? Who uses that fucking word anymore?

A picture of my family with Goofy, at Disneyland. Taken in 2004, during our big California vacation. I got very very sunburned. A couple days before, we went to the zoo, where I got a bit sunburnt. The day after that, we went to Sea World, where I didn't wear sunscreen because I apparently thought the sunburn would even out. Instead, I turned bright red. I remember having to sleep like a mummy (on my back with my arms folded across my chest) for several nights because it hurt too much to roll around.

A wet match that I drew a heart with on the counter.

This picture isn't all that good, but it's loaded with memories for me, so I chose to include it. I used to work at this restaurant, and even though I haven't worked there since late 2009, I miss it almost every day.

Another picture I took at that restaurant, during a slow day at work.

Another picture I took at the place I used to work. This picture means a lot more to me than it probably means to anyone else, but I'm not going to explain it for you. 

My mom (who you see in the background) took me out to eat on my birthday. It was a cute little Vietnamese restaurant, and we were waiting for our food.

An old picture I took at college. This would be Almond, who goes by Ally now, but I still call her Almond because I'm stubborn.

Tomorrow's theme is corners, which seems to be a much easier theme to come up with art for. So rest assured. You shall have a brand new piece of art tomorrow.









No comments:

Post a Comment