Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day 56/365: Colored glass.

I'm afraid I've lied to you again, people. Well, I should say PERSON since only one person is following this blog and fewer than ten total people have probably read it ever.

I said I'd have a bunch of new pictures for you today but that didn't happen. I've felt kind of under the weather and tired/sluggish all day. And it was also wet and cold outside, which does not make for good picture taking lighting. Or inspiration, because the sun did actually come out.

I haven't been as faithful to this blog as I had originally intended. I guess I didn't realize how hard it is to come up with a brand new piece of art every day. Which is mainly why I haven't been doing that.

I mean. A lot of the stuff I use from my deviant art has less than 30 views, and most of you are seeing it for the first time.
Still. I want to make an effort to make more new art for you and to use less of my old pictures. It's hard though. Like I've said, I am not always inspired every day. I am the kind of person who can't force themselves to draw or take pictures when they're just not feeling it. I can't force myself to make something or my art looks like shit.

I mean. Having art assignments in college is one thing because you don't have to come up with the idea all by yourself. You'll have an assignment to do, but you can get creative with that.
Sometimes I feel like this art list I'm using is too vague. If it was more like the creative writing prompts I've used online before, I almost think it would be easier.

Which sounds weird to type. "I think it'd be easier if my assignments were more specific". You'd think it would be easier if you had a huge creative spectrum to choose from. Maybe I'm just weird.

Anyway, enough of my incessant babbling and onward with the pictures.

A picture of one of my stemware glasses, taken on our front stairs which are now crumbling into a pile of rubble.

A picture I took in 2008, during my small Led Zeppelin phase.

Another picture taken on my front stairs, before they started deteriorating. Seriously, the step you see here is crumbling and does not look like this anymore.

Yet another picture of the blue stemware glass. It's simple but it's definitely a favorite.

Yeah. I should take pictures of some of my other stemware.

Taken at Vanessa's, when she lived in Ames.

Tomorrow's theme is comfort, and I am going to find a way to tie in pictures of my stemware, because I have some pretty neat ones I'd like to show off. I promise you will have something new tomorrow. I will make sure of it. I'll even start working on it tonight so I can get ahead.






No comments:

Post a Comment