Friday, April 29, 2011

Day 67/365: crossroads

Today, you're getting a sketch. I'm tired and in pain so forgive me for not making this entry a bit longer.

I had part of the tree lady drawn already. The rest is a product of me watching FernGully: The Last Rainforest for the millionth time since age 6. I thought I could take crossroads to mean, we're at a crossroads environmentally. At an impass, if you will. It makes sense to me, but I'm really too tired to explain it. Maybe at a crossing where we have to figure out how to balance nature with technology. 
This sketch was also somewhat subliminally inspired by a youtube video I watched this morning.



It's pretty incredible. I loved it.

But.. yeah. The main reason you're getting a sketch today is that I really have no idea what I want to do with the colors. I kept throwing color schemes around in my head and I couldn't decide which one I wanted to go with, so I just decided to scan the sketch to show you all. I figure I can finish it when I finally decide what I want. I have been known to get terrible decision paralysis, as my dad calls it, where I just can't decide what I want to do. 

Like... should the buildings be dark grey, or black? Should I draw the grass all swirly like with different shades of green, or should I make it all one green color? Should I draw fruit in the tree? Should I color the sky in the background with sunset colors? What color should her hair be? What color should the clothes be?

Yeah. I can't decide what colors I want to use, and I would prefer to wait until this vile monthly gift has left me again so I can concentrate.

It's hard to concentrate on much of anything when you feel this gross.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a bed to go pass out in.

PS: This is my food journal entry for today. I don't feel like posting a separate link on my facebook:http://bluesilver.wordpress.com/2011/04/29/day-110/

No comments:

Post a Comment