Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 107/365: Fear.

Today I'm doing a bit of cheating. As you may recall, day 77 was "death", and I drew a sugar skull for that. Today, since the theme was "fear", I chose to reuse the outline of that skull in a little MS Paint doodle that came to me out of nowhere.

I would love to see a better version of this as a large oil painting by someone. XD
The font I used is called "1942 report" and can be found for free online. I also used it in the Memorial Day piece I did.


It seems silly to fear something like death, since it inevitably happens to everyone, but since I was a kid, the thought that I will one day die has actually kept me awake at night. I think it's because I'm afraid nobody will remember me.
Also, I basically believe in reincarnation, and should that be the case, it's not as if I'll just die and then cease to exist in any form.
Nobody knows and it's pointless to speculate because none of us will ever find out for real until we die, but I make a habit of worrying about stupid shit. It's my undiagnosed anxiety disorder acting up. XD

It's a strange beast, really. When I feel good and happy, it's easy to dismiss those melodramatic times where I feel really awful and depressed.
Then you hit another spell and remember why they worry you so much in the first place.
I've pretty much evened out right now, but who knows. Today's been a weird roller coaster.

Anyhoo.
Tomorrow's theme is "feathered or feathers". 

No comments:

Post a Comment