Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day 122/365: Friends.

There are only two people and a dog involved in today's pictures.

I know how pathetic that might sound, but rest assured I do have more friends than that. I just chose a select three pictures to post today because they're new. I could post tons of old pictures of my friends, but I like being on this kick where I post new art for you. I've posted a new piece of art since day 113, and I would like to keep the chain going for as long as humanly possible.

Considering how inspired I've been by Peter Gabriel's music lately, that should be no problem. I wish inspiration could flow out of me like this all the time.

Speaking of which, go listen to this song.

It's fucking incredible.


Anyway, now onward with today's pictures.

This is the neighbor puppy Nali. I'm not sure how they spell her name, but she's a dog. No matter how her name is spelled, it sounds the damn same.
I get along better with this dog than I do with most people. She's damn adorable.

I should swear less often. I just realized that.
ANYWAY.


This would be my brother and his friend Chelbi. 


This would be them again. It may look a little too green unless you're using a laptop or an LCD flatscreen.


I can't find the connecting cable to my camera so I didn't get to use the few new pictures that I took just yesterday, but no matter. These pictures haven't been posted before.


And now, I present to you an extra. Tomorrow's theme is "free", and I was very seriously tempted to save this picture for tomorrow's entry, but I like it so much I want to show it to you now. So you'll have something else for tomorrow's entry.

This was inspired by the Peter Gabriel song you see above. I just can't get enough of Mr. Gabriel's music right now. And this piece was so weird. I thought of, sketched, outlined, and colored it in not even two hours. 

Not even two hours from conception to finish. That doesn't happen very often, so don't get used to it. 

This was done on the very first page of a new sketchbook, and using a brand new sharpie pen to outline. I probably shouldn't have spent the money since I have so little of it, but I couldn't help myself. It wasn't that expensive... 8 bucks for the sketchbook and 5 bucks for two sharpie pens. Most of the rest of my newspaper paycheck will go towards my fine, so it's all right.

I have to say though... I do want to price the skin tone markers at Hobby Lobby. I get tired of having to use a colored pencil or pastel crayon for skin color. My selection of old crayolas is dying little by little and that leaves me with very few choices when it comes to skin color.

Anyway, I am kind of exhausted (having gone on two bikes rides today in addition to my newspaper route) so I'm going to hop in bed.






No comments:

Post a Comment