Saturday, June 18, 2011

Day 117/365: Follow your heart.

Today, I have an eclectic selection of photos for you. None of the exact shots have been published before, but some of them are a few months old.

My family went to a really nice farmer's market in Des Moines, and this flower was at one of the stands.


This is a random dude that was playing guitar in the street at that farmer's market. His name is Finn Miles, but to be honest, I haven't looked him up or anything since that farmer's market. I did throw my last dollar into his guitar case though. And really I'm not opposed to trying to see if he's on myspace or something, but I just haven't gotten around to it.

An older shot of my box camera. I haven't known what to do with it before now, but I just submitted it without editing at all. I liked it this way.


This picture was taken at the end of March, when it was nice enough to go outside but it still looked pretty shitty out.


I was messing around on the beach. I drew a heart in the sand, and then decided to fill it in with pebbles and such. This is one of many shots I took of that, so if the set up looks familiar that's why.


Some flowers in a planter in Des Moines.


A city sidewalk in Des Moines. I wouldn't be opposed to living in that city at all. I like the energy. I know I'm going to sound quaint and Iowan when I call it the big city, but... it's got that great urban energy to it. Now, you know me. I love nature. I also love the great energy bigger cities like Des Moines have.


A building in Des Moines. Most of my shots are of nature or people, so it's nice to churn out a shot like this that I actually like.


Another shot on the sidewalks in Des Moines.


Someone stuck a Hello Kitty sticker on a parking meter, and I found that rather amusing. I would have liked to try to get a better shot of this, but my parents were walking rather fast and I was falling behind as it was. That is actually my dad in the background...


A dead moth I saw on the sidewalk. I'm not sure why, but I like this picture a lot.


Now, I know today's selection is kind of random but I chose to post each of them for a reason. I'll leave the interpretation up to you. To quote the late, great Freddie Mercury "If you see it, dear, then it's there.". You'll probably hear that quote from me a lot, but it's one of my favorite quotes. I like knowing where an artist got their inspiration from, or why they might have written a song, but I also like being able to interpret their work in my own way.
Anyway, tomorrow I have to deliver massive Sunday papers, so I'm going to hop in bed and rest up for that. I would have liked to be in bed already, but mom, my brother, and I watched Star Wars and I had a mountain of dishes to wash. XD

Tomorrow's theme is "food".

No comments:

Post a Comment