Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day 127/365: Fruits of the season.

Today, I totally cheated.
Not with using an old picture, because today's drawing is new.
I am used to taking liberties with each day's theme but today I probably went out on a whole new limb so to speak.

I learned through my mother that the movie Labyrinth was released 25 years ago today, so I made a drawing in honor of that. I decided to interpret "fruits" not literally, as with pears, peaches, and that sort of thing, but with things produced.

And Labyrinth is one of the best movies ever made. It's cheesy, sure, and everything is covered in glitter and muppets, but it's still an amazing, campy movie, and I'm just sad that Jim Henson probably died thinking that Labyrinth was something of a failure.
Just look how huge a cult classic it has become, though. I wish he could have lived to see that.

I drew and colored in the whole thing, then decided to up the contrast on the computer so it would look more like ink and less like sharpie.

But... yeah.

The carnival in town begins tomorrow at 5pm, so I may go check it out. Then again... there's a tribute band in the park on Thursday night, and they're who I really want to see, so I may not go until Thursday.
I've just barely got ten bucks, so I probably won't buy anything from the art fair which accompanies the carnival. And to be honest... some of it is cool stuff, but I already bought a parasol from the Asian vendor last year so I don't have anything that I super want from that anyway.
Most of the money will probably go on ride tickets so I can ride the hurl a whirl. Tilt a whirl. Whatever. I might even spring for a ride on the ferris wheel.

The main part I care about is seeing the tribute band in the park. They're called Arch Allies, and they played there last year. I thought their drummer was really cute so after their show I hung around to see if I could meet any of them, and basically the drummer came up to me out of nowhere and gave me a drum stick.

This is me with their unbearably adorable drummer.... who is... way older than me. 
I also found out later that he had a girlfriend so there went that pipe dream. XD
PS: Ignore my awful face

That would be me with the keyboardist, who is making a chipmunk face in this picture.
The reason my smile is so huge is the cute drummer I had my eye on was taking the picture.
God I have an awful face. BLEH.

Anyway. Yeah. So they're going to be back there. The keyboardist will remember me because we occasionally talk on facebook, but I'm wondering about the drummer and whether he'll remember. Probably not.
Sigh. Oh well.

Anyway, I'm going to let my phone charge a bit and then I'm going to bed.







No comments:

Post a Comment