Friday, June 17, 2011

Day 116/365: Follow the leader.

I had today's drawing drawn out and partly inked yesterday. I hope to keep up this string of having things prepared ahead of time. I like being able to feel good about what I post here... Not slightly ashamed because I'm having to use old pictures.

Now, I can't guarantee that this streak will go on forever, but I'll try to milk it for all it's worth. I will continue to use photographs, but when I'm on a drawing kick, I just have to go with it.

This didn't come out as good as it looked in my head, but I think it still came out pretty well.

It was inspired by this song, which is fucking gorgeous.


Pay no attention to the slideshow.


I know I'm on a Peter Gabriel kick right now, but the song is gorgeous, and the lyrics are amazing. And so is his voice. 

Tomorrow's theme is "follow your heart", and I was thinking of doing a little series of photographs about that. Or possibly using some older ones, but ones I haven't published anywhere yet. I'm not sure. I just feel like I have enough trippy drawings with rainbow colored hearts and stuff. I have been wanting to do a series of still life photos anyway. I used to do that sort of thing a lot, now I usually fall back on spontaneous shots that don't take any set up.

Anyway, I'm off to brainstorm ideas for tomorrow's theme. 

No comments:

Post a Comment