Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day 115/365: Flowers.

I sketched, outlined, colored, and scanned this drawing yesterday. I am rarely that well prepared, sadly. When I'm this far ahead, it gives me a chance to spend more time working on a picture, which in turn means I don't have to post a bunch of old photos or some doodle in MS Paint that I spent ten minutes on. In fact, I already have already done a basic scratch paper sketch for tomorrow's drawing.

I know I can sometimes be fleeting with my crazes, obsessions, and the like, but I listened to Peter Gabriel all day yesterday. Mostly just one song, but as I said yesterday, it's been a long time since I've been so inspired to draw within such a short time frame. I'm seriously already trying to brainstorm what Saturday's picture will be. I might be getting a tad ahead of myself, but I figure... I have to keep coming up with ideas so I'll have something to go off when my art block comes back (I'd like to say "if it comes back", but I know it's bound to eventually).

That's why I used to draw and ink pictures in my sketchbook and just leave them uncolored for a while, so I'd have something to go to when I had art block. The only sketchbook I have left has gigantic pages so I've been drawing on typing paper again. I get paid in about five days, though. Most of that money will go towards my fine, and I have to pay the guy who filled in two days for me when I was out of town. I am going to keep 20 bucks out. I want to buy a pair of sunglasses, a new sharpie pen (they don't bleed like the markers do), and possibly a new sketchbook. There are also a couple of cheap things I want to buy on Amazon.com.

Anyway, I can see I've done enough rambling so let's get on with today's picture.

We recently got a new printer/scanner, and it is so much better than our old one. It can actually tell the difference between red and orange. That doesn't apply to this picture, but all too often when doing rainbow colored trippy art, I'd scan it only to discover that it looked like there were two giant blocks of orangey red right next to each other. And I can be quite picky when it comes to my art. 

But... yeah. Tomorrow's theme is "follow the leader", and I have sketched an idea that relates to the song "Here comes the flood" by Peter Gabriel. 
I hope you don't get tired of hearing that name because I'll probably be throwing it around for a while. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment