Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 108/365: Feathered or feathers.

Today, I chose to doodle a bird in MS Paint with a bit of help from GIMP.

The bird was really just an experiment... and I guess the text was too. I'm not very good at graphic design stuff, or rather I haven't done too much of it, so I don't have that much experience in that area.
This would be fun to redo, but the bird as it is took me a couple hours to do and I really don't feel like giving it another go tonight. 

Today was pretty good as days go. We got new phones. We were two months away from our contract being up so we just went ahead and got new phones. I like mine. It's the same brand as my old one and the screen and stuff is basically the same, only it's a clamshell flip phone. When it's closed, it's a frickin square. It looks pretty chic. 

Other than that the only notable thing I did today was go grocery shopping with my mother. XD We might pop some popcorn and watch a movie.

Also, I get to go to the gay pride parade in Des Moines, and that's on Sunday, so not only do I not have to deliver the mammoth Sunday paper, I get to be surrounded by gay people.
Seriously, I love gay people. I don't understand how anybody can NOT like LGBT folks.
I haven't decided exactly how I'm going to dress for that. I want to paint my nails rainbow colors and either find or make a pin that says "Straight but not narrow" and pin that on my bag. I might use some of the blue/purple manic panic semi permanent hair dye that I have. I'm not sure. I'd love to wear my red chucks, but those are hell to walk a parade in (speaking from past experience) so I'll probably just wear flip flops or some junk.

Anyhoo.

Tomorrow's theme is "feline friends".

I'm off to go grab some dinner. TTYL.

No comments:

Post a Comment