Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 121/365: For you.

Today's picture has been scanned and ready to post since 8am, but blogger has been strange to me today and would not post pictures. I had the right URL and everything and the picture would just now show up, but now it will, so here you are.

I copied the lyrics to Peter Gabriel's song "Big Time" in the blanket. Try googling the lyrics for the song and try to figure out which passage inspired this drawing. 

Actually, just go listen to the song and figure it out.



Most of today's drawing has actually been finished for days. All I did this morning was color in the skin, and sign it at the bottom right hand corner. Well I also scanned it and submitted it to deviantart, so I could link to it here.

I'm a little mad at myself because I didn't realize I'd messed up one of her legs until I'd already inked everything.

Also I realize you may be wondering why this picture relates to today's theme, and I hate to sound like my parents but it does "because I said so".
Actually, today's theme could be interpreted very loosely. And I'm sure that by now you know my tendency to take generous liberties with the interpretation of these art themes.
Also, I didn't want to do something cliche and romantic. I make art for personal reasons but in some small way all my art is for you guys... the public. The art appreciator. And for the musicians who inspire so much of my work. I only hope that if I meet any of the musicians who inspired my drawings, I will be able to show them my art and thank them for their music.

Well, tomorrow's theme is "family". I'd love to stay and chat but I have a shitload of dishes to attend to before I can pass out for the night.


No comments:

Post a Comment