Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 114/365: Flare

Today's theme doesn't involve a flare so to speak, but more of a flare lit by a song that I've been listening to all day. And that flare made me want to draw.

Considering the horrendous art block I've been having, wanting to draw anything is welcome, so I decided to fudge my rules. Besides. I think it counts. Just because today's theme is flare doesn't mean I have to draw a giant fire stick. Hell. I might even cheat and use "flair", and I certainly do have a flair for drawing what you're about to see.


Inb4 "You draw too many trippy colored hands".

I am aware of this. But! Most of the hands I draw have the fingers spread apart.
Anyway. The lyrics are from this song.



I have literally been listening to it over and over today. I just can't get enough of it right now. And honestly? I don't care. Because I churned today's drawing out, and I already have the full pencil outlines of tomorrow's drawing done, and all while listening to the song on repeat.

Also, I have a new crush on Peter Gabriel. I can't help it. Odd British musicians are a weakness of mine. 
And,  if you're new to my blog, I should explain that when I call someone "odd", "weird", or anything of that sort, it is a compliment. I almost always use those words in positive context. I myself enjoy being off kilter and like other people whose brains operate on a different wavelength. And Peter Gabriel is one of those people, to me anyway.

I'm going to go search for a thin black marker or pen that I can outline tomorrow's drawing with, since the sharpie marker I used for today's bleeds too much... the lines get thick and gross, and for a picture with no intricate details, that's just fine, but it would fuck up tomorrow's drawing... The theme tomorrow is "flowers" by the way.

Anyhoo, until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment