Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 135/365: Girl.

I don't really know what to say about today that I haven't already said in my food blog, so I'll just cut the crap and get straight to today's drawing, which IS new, by the way.


It's called "I grieve" after the Peter Gabriel song.



It's really an incredible song.


Over the July 4th holiday, a 17 year old boy drowned in the lake. I didn't know him, but I felt it was terribly tragic, so I decided to do a picture in his honor.
I know the mermaid is female, but given the lack of experience I have drawing men, I didn't want this tribute picture to be an experiment. So I stuck with what I know. Which isn't a great way to GET any practice drawing men.

I think I'll draw a man in my next drawing. I feel like I've got the women where I want them in terms of my drawing style, now I should practice drawing men.

Speaking of which, tomorrow's theme is "goal", which again, is a pretty vague word. Drawing a guy would actually work quite nicely. I haven't yet decided if I'll try to draw a normal, human guy, or if I'll make it a mermaid so I don't have to draw legs. 

Anyway, I really do need to get in bed because I have to get up early tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment