Friday, July 29, 2011

Day 158/365: Heal.

Today, I made you two brand new pictures without even thinking. I didn't know what today's theme was, but I remembered an idea I'd seen someone else do once a long time ago, and it just so happened to fit today's theme.


I wanted to include this shot for the sheer irony. A bunch of ripped up leafy bits and a flower... sitting on top of my brother's laptop. I should have taken the picture from a better angle so the rotation wouldn't be all wonky, but I had to be careful not to get my reflection in the shot.

This shot is my favorite.
That almost came out "this shit", and my first instinct was to put "this shit is bananas!". I figured you should know that since it amused me.

Next, I need to give you an update on yesterday's entry. You know, when I posted this:


which was inspired by the Thomas Dolby song "Oceanea".  Yesterday, I told you I posted a link to this picture on the Thomas Dolby facebook page, which he sometimes updates himself.
Well, I can't be sure if that was the case or if one of the people who updates it for him did it, but I feel like you should see this.


I had to stare at that post for a while to fully comprehend it. What this means is that it's quite possible that my favorite artist of all time actually saw something I made based on one of his songs. That made my somewhat shitty morning heaps and heaps better.
(I'll give you the short version: This morning my bike was messing up and I had to drag it home from the paper route, then the back wheel popped and we discovered said back wheel is crooked. Then I decided to make lemon raspberry bars and all my mother said was "[Using the oven] is going to heat up the house ").

But seeing that post totally made my damn day. I'm actually still getting chills just looking at that screenshot.
I've decided to start a bucket list. The first thing on that list is "See Thomas Dolby play live". Ideally I'd like to meet him as well, but beggars can't be choosers (or choosy, whichever version of the saying you're familiar with) so I'll take what I can get.

Anyhoo, tomorrow's theme is "historic" so... yeah. I'll think of something



No comments:

Post a Comment