Friday, July 1, 2011

Day 129/365: Gap.

I'm so sorry about this entry being late. I went to the park to see a tribute band called Arch Allies, who I saw last year, but there was a technical issue, and then another delay they couldn't help. A kid drowned in the lake yesterday. He was 17. The events in the band shell were put on hold until they found the kid's body.
It's just so tragic. He had his entire life ahead of him. I didn't know the kid, but it's just really awful. I'm going to do a drawing in his honor, but I'm not sure exactly what it'll be yet. But... Arch Allies started over an hour and a half late, which in turn meant that I was out that much later. See, they play three almost 1 hour long sets. If they started at 7, I figured they'd be done at 10, so I could get home and then submit my blog entries.
I didn't get home until 12:30, and I went right to bed because I had to be up at 5 to deliver newspapers.

Oh, plus, before I forget... Arch Allies had a new drummer, which was okay because he was amazing.

And super hot. Seriously. I can't even describe to you how sexy that man is.

If you hadn't figured it out by now, I'm the chick in the brown shirt. :) The lady on the other side of him was this drunk lady that I danced with basically all night. We were jumping around and screaming loudly the entire time. It was great.
I have more pictures from last night, but I won't be able to upload those until later today.


Anyway, I might be technically cheating with today's (technically,  yesterday's) picture, but... I don't care. On the up side, it hasn't been posted here yet.

I have started coloring it, but I wanted to scan it in just black and white too. The plain black and white had that comic book feel, and I liked that.

It was inspired by this song.


Which I just posted a video of in the entry before this, but dammit, I wanted to post it again.

If you're wondering how that drawing fits today's theme, notice how the lady in the drawing has white gaps where her eyes should be.

Anyway. I'm going to get yesterday's food blog entry up, then kill a couple hours... and then my brother and I, and an adorable friend of his are going to the carnival and we're going to have all sorts of fun.

By the way, before I forget... I found five bucks in the street this morning while on my paper route. It made my fucking day.

No comments:

Post a Comment