Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day 146/365: Growing.

Today, I actually have new pictures for you. They were taken last week. As in a few days ago, not like 7 days ago.
I hope you'll forgive me for the somewhat short entry, but the heat has been killer today and weather.com says it still feels like 90 degrees, even at this hour. Most of today has been all right despite the heat.
Except for my stupid left hand. I think I pinched a nerve or pulled a small muscle in it. I was pulling some weeds in my garden last night and there were these big, stalky ones on the edges and I think pulling at those was what did it. Basically, it hurts to hold anything of any weight in that hand. I can't hold full drinking cups in it. It hurts to grip anything for any sort of time at all. I'm not whining about it because it could be a whole lot worse. I mean, jesus, Rick Allen is missing an entire arm and he can function just fine. It's just annoying because little jolts of pain will fire off in my hand at random times, and then people don't know what's going on when I randomly start going "Ow, ow, ow ow..." and so forth.

In other news, we're getting a new oven tomorrow. It's going to be strange on several different levels. The new one has a ceramic cook top, for one. For two, the oven we've had now we have literally had for 15 years. It's the stove/oven I learned to cook on, so I'm kind of sad to see it go, but... it had to go. Our oven door won't stay closed anymore and it's been giving us issues for a while now.

Anyway, on with the art. I've given you a few pictures from a day when I went out taking pictures in the rain.






This is very similar to a picture I took several years ago.

I promise they're not the same picture.
I usually try not to take pictures that are so similar, but I've been into photography since 2007. There are bound to be certain pictures I take that are a lot like certain other pictures


I wasn't in super love with this picture. However, I loved that gorgeous deep red color so I felt it was prudent to include this shot.


That's all she wrote for today, folks. Tomorrow's theme is "grumpy", and considering how hot it's supposed to be tomorrow, that should be no trouble at all. XD








No comments:

Post a Comment