Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day 139/365: "government".

The reason government is in quotes is because... I didn't have the energy to make a new piece of art today, and there was almost nothing in my deviantart gallery OR my photobucket that related to government.
I'm not totally disinterested in government, but I can't say it's a theme that pops up in my art too much.

Today has kind of sucked. Mother nature visited me yesterday so that's been awesome, and we all know how much more enjoyable that time of the month is when it's sweltering hot out.. :|
I didn't get any cramps on the paper route this morning which was nice, but after I got home and took a bath I was treated to an almost four hour spell of horrid, soul crushing cramps that make me envious of everyone that has a penis.

All that's been going on for me today was getting dishes done, listening to lots of A-ha, and watching Phantom of the Opera.
Talk about Phantom of the Opera. If I were Christine, I have no idea what I'd have done. On one side, we have a terribly sexy Scottish man who can sing (albeit nowhere near as well as Michael Crawford). On the other side, a terribly sexy long haired man who can sing.
GOD DAMMIT.
It was a good movie but it could have been so much better. If they had no problem at all dubbing Carlotta's singing parts, they could have just as easily dubbed the Phantom's singing with Michael Crawford.

I don't want to knock Gerard Butler though. He has a great voice and I would totally buy any album he'd put out, but... he's not Michael Crawford.

Anyway.

The closest thing relating to today's theme was a church related picture.

Notice the sign that asks you keep the doors closed at all times. I'm not in the mood to have a discussion about this sort of shit. I'm in a bitchy mood swing and I am going to steer out of the danger zone now.

This is actually in a library, one that my mom used to work at. I used to run wild in that library as a kid.


A close up of the rust on my dad's old pickup that we no longer have. It was one of very few of my pictures taken with a film camera. It was when my digital camera didn't work. 


A picture I like but nobody else seems to give a shit about. That happens to me a lot.


This only came up because I posted some lyrics to the Wings song "The note you never wrote" and the lyric passage I included had the word "vote" in it. It's still a good picture.




Seriously you guys, do you know how much it sucks to be having a hot flash type thing when (according to weather.com) it feels like 95 fucking degrees outside? 
To quote Robin Williams "I like sweat to be rolling down the crack of my ass like Niagra!"
That's the only time I'm funny, when I regurgitate stuff comedians have said. Actually, that's not really fair. I am funny when I'm in the right kind of cynical, bitchy mood. But that doesn't happen very often.

Anyway. Tomorrow's theme is grass, and I guarantee that I will give you some new pictures. I really hate having to use old ones, but I just don't have the motivation to draw and it's too fucking hot to go outside.





No comments:

Post a Comment