Saturday, July 16, 2011

Day 145/365: Grin.

As I promised in my previous entry, in this entry you're going to get some pictures I took at the concert I went to recently. This isn't all the pictures I took, but rather a selection.


Dad and I thought the doors opened at 7. We didn't want to be there right when they opened so we showed up about 7:30. Turns out the doors didn't open until 8. We stopped by a nearby bar to have a couple beers before the show.


Not a very artsy shot, I realize, but I wanted to get a picture of the sign.


The opening act was a girl named Val Halla. She usually has a band but this was just the guitar and her.


I thought she was pretty good, but it's just hard to be into the music when you're unfamiliar with the artist. She did a cover of "Landslide", so that was the only song she sang that I knew.


This is Burton Cummings. He was the lead singer for the Guess Who. He is almost 64, but this is the one picture where I can really recognize him. Click on this link. The video works but for some reason, it won't embed here. 
He was vaguely attractive when he was young, but some guys just don't age well. His eyes really stand out in this picture, though.


Looking in my direction. Not sure if he was looking right at me, but I used the flash on my camera, so that might have caught his eye for a split second.


If you're using a regular desktop computer you might not be able to see this, but there was an old, long haired Italian man in the band. I was really wishing he was about 20 years younger, then it wouldn't be so creepy to think he's attractive.


I felt kind of evil for using the flash on my camera. It wasn't my intent, but if the flash gets him to look straight at me, I don't mind.
Well, I shouldn't say me. It was more like a camera and two chubby hands held above the crowd. He couldn't really see me. I was pretty close to the stage but there were tall people in front of me


Two surprisingly young guys standing in front of me. The kid in the black was wearing a Peter Frampton tee shirt so he obviously has good taste.


The bow after the encore, when they played "Share the Land".

I didn't actually take that many pictures. When I'm at a concert (or any sort of special event), I like having a balance of taking pictures to remember the night by, and actually enjoying the night without a camera in my face. I seem to recall something in Star Wars episode 1 that said something like "be mindful of the past but not at the expense of the present.".

Kind of like what I'm doing here. I want to remember the past, but not be so caught up in recording it that I don't really experience the night I'm trying to record.

That statement was shockingly profound for me, considering how little sleep I got last night.
Dad and I got home after 11:30, probably closer to midnight. Then it took me forever to get to sleep, despite having essentially had four beers. Two at the surf, almost two at a bar before the concert. Then, I still had to get up at 5am for the newspaper.
I only had almost four beers. I was still buzzed when I woke up this morning. I weigh 243 pounds. Four beers should not be able to affect me like that. XD

My hearing is still not quite normal, and I still have a rasp to my voice. When I woke up this morning, I didn't have a voice at all. That's when you know you've been to a good concert, when the morning after, you can't hear and your voice is gone.

Anyway. Tomorrow's theme is "growing", so you'll probably get... surprise surprise... pictures of plants.

After this, I have my food journal entry to get up, and then I'll be done with my blogs for the night, so I can get to bed early. I won't be in bed before 9, though. That's generally the earliest that it's dark enough for me to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment