Saturday, July 9, 2011

Day 138/365: Go fish.

I apologize but I'm using old pictures today. Mother nature visited me today and as such I've had little to no energy. In fact, I've had little else today but an uncharacteristic craving for chocolate and a disdain for being unemployed.

It was just in passing and nobody got angry, but my mother pulled one of those things where I can be in a good mood, making nonchalant comments about my surroundings and all of a sudden she comes out with "You really need to find a job, we can't support you for another year or, you know...' *incomprehensible babble* '...you'll be out of here'.
It's just about gotten to that point, really. I've seriously considered packing up some of my shit and just seeing what happens.

Right now the paper route is keeping me from doing that, but also my brother has real problems to deal with, and wondering about me doesn't need to be the handful of sprinkles thrown on top of the banana split, so to speak.

Also, I have enough trouble getting a job when I can do laundry and have regular access to a bathtub, so just winging it would probably not help matters any. I could go into all sorts of things about my job searching woes, but I've already cluttered up my art blog with enough crap about my life, so let's get on with it, shall we?

I should tell you that I didn't have very many pictures resulting to go fish, or even card games, so I had to start searching for random terms like koi, water, game, etc.

I took this picture in 2006, when I was just starting to get interested in photography.

I can't remember if I've posted this here or not. I don't think I have but I can't be too sure.
Anyhoo, these were a couple of koi fish tattoo designs I came up with at work. I used to wash dishes at a bar and I would stay after work to hang out... and I would always bring my sketchbook.

I was doing a four part series based on the song "Miracles" by the Pet Shop Boys, but I've stalled at 3/4 completed. My inspiration for starting the series has kind of faltered, and I'm not sure if I'll get it back.


A screenshot of my Sims 2 game. This was rediscovered while searching for the term "game". In Sims 2, your sims can buy a sims game and play it on their computer. I call it... Simception. XD

A few years ago when I played sims 2 a lot more than I do now, I was also obsessed with Thomas Dolby. Hence a Thomas Dolby sim.


There's something I like about this picture, but I'm not sure what. It looks like I'm moving towards the feather on the ground. I was trying to hold still. XD


This was titled "A game that you play" after lyrics from an Al Stewart song called "Time Passages". Not sure why.


Whenever I post any pictures from this particular shoot, all Vanessa (the girl in the picture) says is 'that was the point when she was at her heaviest'. And while I can certainly understand that sentiment, I took some really lovely pictures of her there, and to be honest I don't even notice weight at all. May be because I'm so fat I've never even been down to what would be Vanessa's heaviest weight. Anyway. It's still a nice picture.







No comments:

Post a Comment