Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 12/365: Autumn.

Today, I'm cheating again and using a picture I took in September of last year. Today, is not a compelling day for my art, or my sentence writing. Case in point? I had to write that last sentence at least 6 times before it sounded the way I wanted it to.

Ever since I woke up, I've been in this weird foggy haze or something. I haven't, at any point today, felt like I was really awake. I've had a "not quite headache, but still irritating dull ache" for a majority of the day, and my right shoulder hurts, for some reason. But only when I try to raise it a certain way. Such as, when trying to pour water from our water filtering pitcher, or to put plates away in our cupboard. It's probably just a pinched nerve but it's still bothering me.

Anyway. I suppose I should post today's picture before I bore you all to death

Clear Lake. Which is actually more of a green color, once you look at it up close. Not in any way clear.

I know that that picture still looks rather summery, because it was taken during the first half of September. 
Up until November, I could still walk to the lake in a tee shirt, jeans, and flipflops.  
Cheating?
I don't care. To me, once September hits, it's fall, and I start to get that "fall is nice, but winter is going to SUCK" dread.

Anyway, tomorrow's theme is "Award", and I literally have no idea what I'm going to produce for that. Maybe I'll draw a blue ribbon on a small piece of paper and tack it onto the half rotten pumpkins from halloween that are still outside.

Speaking of pumpkins, I'm still really angry. If you don't want to listen to me lament about a pumpkin, you're welcome to stop reading.

See, in October 2009, I bought a pumpkin from Econo foods to bring home and make a jack o lantern out of. But, I decided to paint it instead. It lasted for ages. November, December, January, February, and March passed. The pumpkin, which was still in the house, had not even started to rot yet. Then April and May passed. Pumpkin still looked new. However, mom was starting to get wary about it, so I took it outside.

So, some time in August, a pumpkin plant sprouted from the finally broken down remains of the pumpkin.
Since it sprouted late, we only got two pumpkins off it. The pumpkins I used for Halloween 2010. I painted those as well.

However, we left them on our front porch. Which is indoor, but not heated. Obviously, they froze, because mom went out there one day to two slouchy, half squishy pumpkins. That is where the "I'm still really pissed" part comes in, because I had hoped that those two pumpkins would last as long as the one that they sprouted from. There's still a possibility that the pumpkins that are now outside, half buried in snow, could sprout, but I was just really mad about that.
It might just be the hippie in me, but I feel a weird connection to plants that I've planted, and I felt like the pumpkin randomly sprouting was a weird kind of gift. So in a way I'm disappointed and kind of feel like I let the only two pumpkins that came off that plant rot. I don't know.
Anyway, I'm going to go do some dishes and brainstorm what I'm going to post tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment