Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 23/365: big events.

So, you know the little picture in honor of Japan that I mentioned yesterday? I decided the shitstorm that Japan has had hurled at them recently qualifies as a big event. It's a huge event. I can't even imagine that level of devastation. It's just... hard to believe. I feel for them.

Now, I don't want any of you shmucks bitching about "Oh, this many people didn't freak out about Katrina, or Haiti, or, the Gulf oil spill, or blahblahblah" or "You just care more about the disaster in Japan because you're an anime tard" or whatever bullshit you like. I don't care. It's a tragedy, and since I'm absolutely flat broke, I can't exactly ship them off a huge crate of money.

I'm sorry. You'll have to excuse my "bitch" mood swing. Mother nature and her lovely gift are still lingering around moodwise.

Now for the picture.

The background picture is not mine. NOT MINE. Go here: Go here. These people sound pretty awesome.
Also, I really hope it's not against their background stock rules to post this picture here. I'm sending them a link to this entry as soon as it's finished.

Now, I have to tell you... I am pretty much a noob at pixel art, pixel dolling, any of that stuff. So be nice. Also, this isn't going to look right unless you look at it on a regular computer screen, not an LCD flat screen. It will look washed out and bad on a flat screen.

Anyway, it's a little abstract tribute to one of my favorite Hayao Miyazaki movies, Howl's Moving Castle. I've been on somewhat of a Studio Ghibli kick lately, due in part to a newfound love for a composer named Joe Hisaishi, who composes music for a bunch of Miyazaki movies. But yeah.

I have a raging headache, and I'm starting to ramble, so I'm going to cut the entry off here. I still have my food journal wordpress blog to throw together. Tomorrow's theme is "black", so stay tuned for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment