Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day 31/365: Box.

Sorry sorry sorry I'm sooo late getting this written.
It's four minutes to midnight. GAH
I blame Duran Duran. I finished today's drawing at like, 8:30, but deviantart was being an ass and wasn't uploading today's picture. I was going to link it from there. I ended up hurrying to put it on photobucket. Then I tuned into a live Duran Duran concert on  youtube, and god dammit, it was fucking amazing.
My Duran Duran obsession (or as Dram would call it, Duranfever) is back. It's been so long since I had a real obsession of any kind, so it feels really really good. XD

I don't think this will be quite as...err... extreme as my Duran Duran obsession was before, but dammit, I want it to stay, and last a long damn time.

Anyway, let's get on with today's piece. It counts for today's theme because it was drawn on the back of the front of a box of cheerios. The inside of the front panel. You know what I meant. XD

This took me hours. I have a strange relationship with fine line sharpies.

On one hand, I love the buggers, and without them a majority of my artwork wouldn't exist, but... god damn. When you decide to up and do shit as complicated as this (design wise it's simple, but fuck is it time consuming), fine line sharpies are a blessing and a curse. A blessing, because they can make a bunch of teeny tiny intricate lines. A curse, because when you have an area of ANY size, it takes you for-fucking-EVER to fill it in.

I should tell you that the burgandy, dark orange, and yellow sharpies are thick sharpies. I have a few more thicker sharpies, but I have no idea where they've gone off to. Also a note to google chrome's spellcheck. Fuck off. I spell burgandy with an a. I am allowed to do so because of artistic license. GOOD DAY.

Anyway, I'm off to wait for my knees to quit feeling like they want to fall off (I spent 25 minutes on the exercise bike today, and I'm feeling it now) so I'll talk to you all later.

PS: Tomorrow's theme is "boy".

2 comments:

  1. YAY like it lots...i need a scanner to show youw hat Ive been doing :P Hooray for water color pencils! Boo for pencil versions of pastels being expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like it.And I would love to see your artwork. If you don't have a scanner, you could always take pictures of your stuff and then post the pictures online. I mean, the quality's not as good, but it would be better than nothing. XD

    ReplyDelete