Sunday, March 6, 2011

Day 14/365: Baby.

I'll tell you right off the bat. I feel like complete shit, and did while doing most of the work on today's drawing. So I didn't really give a shit. If it were one of my normal, "take a few days or even a week to complete" drawings, it would have been much more intricate, and less sloppy and thrown together.

I'm beginning to think this blog was a bad idea. Most of the drawings I've done for it have sucked, so maybe I'm just not meant to draw this much. I'm in a self defacing mood swing, but honestly, people are going to see the complete shit I post on this, and think that I'm a shitty artist.

And maybe I am. I know people who can churn out amazing works of art in less than half an hour, and they call it a rough sketch. Meanwhile, I spend hours and hours on most everything I draw, and it looks nowhere near as good.

Today has just kind of sucked. I have that "not quite there, nothing quite feels real" feeling. I hate it. Case in point? I just looked at the clock, expecting it to say 11:45 or even midnight. In reality, it's only almost 9pm. WTF.

Anyway, today's piece of crap.

My interpretation of "baby". Weird multi colored mermaids with no faces, or hands.

Really, I'm not very happy with today's entry. I should have left it as a sketch, I think. Because I just rushed through the coloring and didn't really give a shit. I like this concept, though, and I might revisit it at a later date.

I apologize. I will try not to make this kind of crap the norm. It's just really hard to care about what you're doing when you don't feel like yourself, you have a murderous headache, and you can count five other places on your body that are in pain.

I've been thinking of... I don't know. Maybe shifting to where I take pictures for each day more often, and keep the drawings for days that I can come up with something really awesome. My head hurts too much for me to care about contemplating it right now, so I hope tomorrow I can think about it with a clear head.

Anyway, tomorrow's theme is "Baby it's cold outside", and while I would be more inspired with that if it were, say, mid December, I can probably churn out something decent. There is still snow on the ground. Maybe I could take a picture of the thermometer outside our kitchen window. Whatever. I'll think about it later.

Now, to go OD on tylenol.

PS: You may have started noticing ads on my blog. This is on purpose, through AdSense. I don't think any of the five or fewer people that have read this will click on any of the ads, but what the hell. On the off chance that somebody does click on them, I could get paid for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment