Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 19/365: Beautiful.

I apologize. I promised to give you something new, but I spent most of my day today feeling like shit due to cramps. I had no energy today. It took a really huge effort just for me to do a little laundry and do a few loads of dishes.
It's only 8:30 in the evening, so if the drawing I'm working on turns out, I might post that, and then all this will be mute because I'll have something original for you, but for now I'm posting this collage I made, in honor of earth day last year.

All made from scraps of free giveaway magazines from the public library.

I really enjoy doing this sort of collage. I first got started on it back in college, for a 2D design assignment.

You'll have to forgive me. This was done back in 2006, when I had a strange obsession with running every picture through the Soft Focus filter in Paint Shop Pro 8

In turn, that picture spawned me to do this one on my own, two years later.

Looking at it now, I think it represents an improvement in my work.

I did this a year later, in honor of Michael Jackson.

I planned out, drew, and finished this in one sitting. Given the amount of time these things take to do, that's quite the accomplishment. Forgive the bad scan and cropping job.

Tomorrow's theme is "beach" and once again, that might be something that lends itself better to a picture I've already taken, but I will try my hardest to make something new. Or at least, submit a picture I haven't submitted before. I might even make more word art, like I did for "all the small things".
Anyway, I'm off to do facebooky, MSN things.



No comments:

Post a Comment