Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 32/365: Boy

Wow, it's only almost 5pm, and I'm already putting up today's entry!
With the exception of the first day of this blog, when I updated at like 9:30 am, this is the earliest I've ever updated.
Feels like it anyway. I find that I have better luck when I sketch out an idea in the morning, leaving me free to do work on it here and there throughout the day.
It helps to be inspired, though. Sometimes I want to make a picture but can't for the life of me figure out what I actually want to draw, and there's no forcing it when I'm in that sort of daze.

Anyway, let's get on with today's entry. You'll remember that yesterday, I drew my picture on the back of a panel from a cereal box, well today, I used the other panel. Yesterday's was on the back of the front panel, today's is on the back of the back. Lol.

I came up with the initial pen doodle on a piece of scratch paper while I was watching the Duran Duran concert that was streamed live on youtube lastnight. 
I should do that more often because I got a lot of good ideas. Of course... it may have helped that the concert was live, and even though I was sitting on my ass at home, it was kind of exciting. I got especially spastic when Simon addressed the people at home watching on their computers.

I mean, I know, there were millions of other people watching, but it was kind of awesome to think that he was addressing a group of people that I was included in. 

Yeah, there's really no denying that my Duranfever has returned to me after a very long hiatus.

In that same vein, you need to check out Duran Duran's album "Pop Trash". It's like an acid trip. There are slower songs for the more mellow trips, and there are faster, rockish songs for when you're feeling hyper. It's just really awesome. The only song I can't stand is Hallucinating Elvis. The bassline is cool and all, but I just don't dig it as a song.

Well, I'm off to do.. I don't know what. Maybe I should check the mail. XD
Anyhoo, I'll see you tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment