Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 15/365: Baby it's cold outside.

Forgive me if this entry is a little distracted. I've become hopelessly addicted to an Oregon Trail app on facebook. I just wish I had a copy of the game I used to play. It was on an old Macintosh. But it wasn't the super old, like huge floppy disk version. It was like an updated version I played in the 90s, from a cd rom I think. I can't remember.

Anyway, let's get on with today's art. I cheated, and used pictures I've taken, because I had a brainfart while trying to think of ideas for drawings. I usually avoid wintery, cold drawings, mainly because I really hate winter. The exception being the occasional Christmas drawing.

You probably can't tell, but there was ice in that picture. Signifying the cold. Lol

I know. That's a loose connection, but today was one of those days where my muse was off getting drunk on a tropical beach somewhere that had no cell phone service.
Still. It looks cool. The trippy heart picture was actually a shiny holographic binder I used to have. Actually, I've still got it somewhere. For that picture, I was waving the binder back and forth and snapped a picture to see what it would look like. The umbrella picture was taken last spring. Early spring. As in, still melting snow and ice on the ground in spots.
Standing in the huge puddle of water here to take this picture was what led to me figuring out that one of my favorite combat boots had a hole in the bottom.

My day was pretty boring, except for the part where I made almond bark dipped strawberries, so there isn't much to report in that respect.

I'm off to be a slave to my facebook apps, then eventually to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment