Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day 28/365: Bodies of water.

Today, to make up for using shots I've previously posted on my deviantart, you get three pictures.
Let's face it. I am not good at drawing water, at all, and I didn't want to take a new picture of the lake because... it's March. All the trees are brown and boring. It's muddy and there isn't really much color anywhere yet. Also, it was rainy and foggy all day today.

Instead, I present to you two reasons I am glad to live in Clear Lake.

This was taken on a cute boat called Lady of the Lake. It was because the restaurant I work at during the summer made a shitload of money when RAGBRAI (Basically, a huge bike ride thing) went through town, so they paid for a dinner and boat ride for employees.

This one, because I like the picture, and also because in my original posting of it, my ranting about litter amused me: "A picture of ducks. I know it's not a great picture, but can you see that piece of goddam litter? Wendys! Do you condone your idiot hick customers littering their shit all over the beach? I hope not!
And direct your attention to the people in the upper right hand corner of the picture. After they left, there was an empty plastic bottle of Sobe juice there.
You people PISS ME OFF. Is that the sort of shit you want to teach your kids?

Oh go ahead kids, throw your shit on the beach. There are only DUCKS that constantly roam this beach! Don't worry about it! It's not like it'll be floating around in the lake for 15 years!"

All humor aside, liter does really piss me off. This summer, actually, I'm planning to pick up lots of trash (like I do every year) only I'll be documenting it through pictures this time. I'm also going to write an editorial to the newspaper about it. And literally, the rant about fifteen years is not an exaggeration. I have found tons of weird shit washed up on shore. Among them, a chunk of carpet, an elastic underwear band, an actual pair of underwear, an attachment brush to a vacuum, a fishing license receipt from 2006 (this was in 2010), and get this: a tv set. Bigger than the one we have at home.
Also, granted it was squished in between some big rocks, but I found a can of pepsi so old that the contest being advertised on the can ended in 1991.

So yeah. Me and litter do not hang. Anyway. Here is the third picture, as promised.

This was taken in Wisconsin, at some state park who's name I can't pronounce. We took a little day trip up there to hike. I mean, it was light hiking. We're not the type with a bunch of shit strapped to our backs who spend all day out there. The mosquitoes were awful, even though we brought spray, and we were all sweaty by the time it was over, but it was fun. XD

Tomorrow's theme is "boredom", and considering how wide a topic that can be, I should have no problem producing a drawing for you. I may even finish up the one that I was going to use for yesterday, since I remedied the hand drawing situation... by erasing the hand and redrawing the arm so the hand didn't show. XD
Anyway, I'm off to do facebooky things, eat some banana cake, and write a food blog entry for today. Toodles.


No comments:

Post a Comment